A-1 Racing vs Suprasport Traction Arms

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Is there a huge difference besides price and look? Are the Suprasports that much better? Im going to get a set for my car, but I dont know if I should pay the extra $130ish for the Suprasport ones or not. If the A-1 Racing ones work just as well, I can use that extra cash towards a driveshaft. So, who runs em? Chime in here guys if youve got either set and let me hear your reviews. Thanks.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I have a set of Lipp Traction arms from SupraSport. I have no complaints, and they come with poly bushings and new hardware.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
X posted from SF>

The stock tube steel ones "bend" under power/traction.

The A1 arms are tubular aluminium so will eventually work harden which is a very bad thing.

The SS arms bomb proof short of impact damage I can't see them ever failing.
(been running a set for many years now with 0 wheel hop on acceleration, car was undrivable with the stock arms it'd rattle your fillings out)

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
IJ.;1224432 said:
X posted from SF>The A1 arms are tubular aluminium so will eventually work harden which is a very bad thing.

(been running a set for many years now with 0 wheel hop on acceleration, car was undrivable with the stock arms it'd rattle your fillings out)

thats why i will eventually change my a-1's for lipp ones. the lipp ones make my a-1 traction arms look wimpy:cry:

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
IJ.;1224432 said:
X posted from SF>

The stock tube steel ones "bend" under power/traction.

The A1 arms are tubular aluminium so will eventually work harden which is a very bad thing.

Right now I am using the Aluminum version of the LIPP arms. We will see how long they last before I eventually break them. So far they have survived one season at just below 300 whp. If/when they break I will buy a set of SS ones.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
IJ.;1224467 said:
SB: I thought they were all recalled?

Not sure if they were recalled but I know they went out of production. I had bought them a year before I finally got around to putting them on the car. I did not buy them directly from Suprasport either.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
I have the Lipp SS, I think they are great. I know I asked IJ about them before
I bought them. My question was about them looking like "overkill", his response was "overkill in a good way".

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I have seen both, the A1 are aluminum, and seem really lightweight for the amount of force they need to hold up to, also the end bracket where it attaches to the knuckle was thin steel, I was not impressed at all. The SS ones are super beefy with I beam construction, they light have clearence issues with extra wide tires but they are way better than the A1 arms........I hear BIC is working on some DOM tubular steel arms......:naughty: