935 Exhaust Welded and mounted

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
Alright so it took me two days to get it welded and put on my car... but after all that work i dont think i like how it turned out... i think it hangs down to far...

i took some pics and will upload them later tonight.. when i do can u guys let me know if i will run into any troubles with hitting stuff?

also when i got to lower my car will that lower the exhuast even more? or will it lower the gap between the muffler and exhaust which is like 3 inchs or so maybe more

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
IM001420.JPG

IM001421.JPG

IM001422.JPG

IM001428.JPG

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
OUCH! That is way to low!

Did you weld to high up on the muffler? Thats what it looks like. Or is that the way they shipped it?

damn.....good thing i didn't buy one.....

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Yea that looks a little low to me. I think you needed to turn the 2 90* bends clockwise and it would have been butter.

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
ekk, from they way it looks your hanger on your muffler is way to long. if you lowered the car you exhaust would be dragging on the ground,literally.

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
yea thats what i was thinking... it fits nice underneath the car though... dosent hang down at all... just on that last bend it didnt go up all the way...

seems to be good material i just couldnt get it up there right

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Cut the rear rear hanger off the muffler and put a floor jack under it jack it up and reweld the hanger.

You might have to get under the car with a pipe or something to use as a lever to get clearence.

A length of pipe in the tail pipe makes a good lever to get the angles perfect once it's not hitting anything under the car.

You can move it around quite a bit as half an inch at the tail pipe is probably 10 thou at the Turbo end and the pipe will flex.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You could put a piece of wood between the pipe and the Diff mount cutout then maybe use some heat and the floor jack (With a piece of wood so you don't mark the rear muffler)

No matter how good you get it on the ground it's going to need a tweak ;)!

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
how much heat would you need to bend a peice of piping? could u use just a regular propane torch?

*edit i think i should just cut the two 90 section and rotate it some more that would help out my probelm the best.... at least close that gap most the way

**edit i am soo bummed right now... i want to get out there and make it fit right... but i got soo much other things i have to do this weekand and during the week i wont be able to till next weeand :wtc:

Last edited:

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'm sorry that I did not make instructions. It always seemed to me that it was pretty straightforward.

Something is not right here. The rear section is pushed too far back and low.

For comparison, here is my welded up catback on the left. This is using the same parts you did. Maybe you can identify any differences. On mine, it replaced the cat and bolted to the stock downpipe.

p193431_1.jpg

B

Boostaddctn

Ckanderson said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:aigo: :aigo: :aigo: :aigo: :aigo: PUNK'D!!!! :aigo: :aigo: :aigo: :aigo: :nono: