92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
IJ.;1527302 said:
So she got ALL the pretty in your family Rob :D

:slap: Or :gaybar: , lol

toyotanos;1527317 said:
I've got a cold-start timer switch if you need one Rob, but of you go AEM, you won't need it anymore- they have cold-start enrichment tables built in!

Well now you tell me!! I just payed for another one, at least this one was half price of the last at $12. Well when standalone comes then it wont be needed. No $$$$ right now for standalone & dyno time to have it tuned it. But on a good note, I had a interview at the brewery company today!

Also the mail woman dropped of the coolant bottle I ordered, so tomorrow time to get it installed and hopefully still get the cf intercooler plate/cover to still fit. And yes Im going to drill a hole in the bottom of it, install the switch, so the bird cage light will still work :naughty:

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
so the damn bird can still get out!!!!!

good luck on the job. did you ever get over and measure that suspension skid for me?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Thanks Matt. I'll be there as long as I dont have a job that makes me work on the weekends.

Quick question for some of you that have been fallowing my thread. What you like better; all the pics on the first page? or pics posted as I have been going in the current thread?

Man am I LAZY today
<----- Trying to pick my ass up and get out to the garage.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
92nsx;1527828 said:
Thanks Matt. I'll be there as long as I dont have a job that makes me work on the weekends.

Quick question for some of you that have been fallowing my thread. What you like better; all the pics on the first page? or pics posted as I have been going in the current thread?

Man am I LAZY today
<----- Trying to pick my ass up and get out to the garage.

Seperate thread with ALL the pics in one place ;)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^^ The only bad thing with that is it takes my computer / internet (at 11mbps) about 4 min. to load all the pics. (hint , hint ;) )

Yesterday, I got a couple things done. I ended up mounting the new coolant tank in the spot where Luke showed to. After squeezing it next to the oil cooler I looked at it and told my self, "na with it there it will block some air flow threw the condenser and radiator". so I made up quick alum bracket using a vise and hammer and mounted in the battery area.

p1528500_1.jpg

I was thinking about finally removing the font bumper to re mount the A duct, and the front lip, but feeling lazy I decided to save it for another day. Instead I checked the oiling and fuel system for leaks. So far, so good no leaks. there wasn't much to take a pic of but I figured why not take a pic of the AFPR with the fuel pump jumper in.

p1528500_2.jpg

Then a pic of the oil pressure I get from just cranking the engine over to prime the system. <---did that 4 times

p1528500_3.jpg

After that And a couple beers I said "why not", I need to get some of the air out of the P/S, and cooling system. So I just plunged in the AFM (not even to the turbo and W/O hot side IC piping) and started up the engine. Just to hear some noise from the 7m. She fired right up and idled surprisingly well! Well that was tell the IAC closed lol. At cold idle (65 degrees F) I had about 40psi of oil pressure. After is stalled out I refilled the P/S system and topped off the radiator.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Mr.Yuk;1528516 said:
"Hundo drew pulls through again"... but yet never with hundos

:rofl: :rofl: I ALMOST spit out my pop all over my laptop. :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe I will have to come up with a new nick name for you , Parts Drew...................on second thought, na Hundo Drew sound cooler. I might need some of that fiberglass from you soon to re mount the turbo A duct. What ever you think will work I will take/use.

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
haha for older web browsers loading pics on a seperate thread or on the first page would be awesome BUT thats only cause im at work on a crappy pc :p sounds like ill have to buck it up and take my supra up to st cloud sometime in the summer and help you out! i think im gunna start my GTE build here soon and order a short block and start slowly getting it together (being broke sucks!)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Ya let me know were always game.

As for today I didn't do much. I scratched my head on how to make the CF intercooler plate fit and not bounce around. Well I figured it out after 2 beers. Put a nut with a washer on the hood stop bumper and then put a larger washed under that and presto! All I need now is a chrome washer (it will look better then the regular one that is used now). It looks so-so, ok. We will see if it grows on me in time, or if I rather see my IC, oil cooler, and SS lines with black ends.

Before:

p1528670_1.jpg

After:

p1528670_2.jpg

p1528670_3.jpg

Last edited:

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
92nsx;1528670 said:
Ya let me know were always game.

As for today I didn't do much. I scratched my head on how to make the CF intercooler plate fit and not bounce around. Well I figured it out after 2 beers. Put a nut with a washer on the hood stop bumper and them put a larger washed under that and presto! All I need now is a chrome washer (it will look better then the regular one that is used now). It looks so-so, ok. we will se if it grows on me in time, or if I rather see my IC, oil cooler, and SS lines with black ends.

Before:

p1528701_1.jpg

After:

p1528701_2.jpg

p1528701_3.jpg

That CF plate looks really nice. I would leave the current washers rather than use chrome ones. Chrome is just so damn gaudy.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
IMHO... Nickel plated > Chromed

I like it without, but if there's any benefit from it then it's a toss-up.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
The nickel plated washers stay then. As for being any benefit, I don't think so. There is a rubber strip under the hood to stop the air flow already. All it is pretty much good for is holding tools or if your into them, a place to put stickers. But stickers isn't for me anymore unless there paying me for it ;)

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
I thought you were gonna become the stickers expert/mod. Into which I was going to inform you you know nothing about stickers:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'll swing by Fri or Sat and drop off that Fiber Glass for you

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

You see this?? On SM TWICE in 2 Days!!!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Thank you again.

Hundo Drew pulls threw again, with a fiber glass repair kit this time. Now time to remove the front bumper again, to make sure the replica turbo A duct doesn't come loose and FG it in place. Also the mail woman dropped off the correct cold start timer switch I needed. I guess I can always replace the front seat belts, but removing them is a PITA (the part that is in the B pillar)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
This afternoon, I installed the new sensor, and finally removed the front bumper to re mount the duct.

First I remounted the studs (hope it holds this time) then once it is "bolted up" Im going to put another layer of fiber glass to make sure it doesn't come loose again. But since this is my first time playing with fiber glass and the resin Im sure I fucked it up some how. We'll see. I think Im done for the day since waiting for this shit to dry is like watching paint dry. Beer thirty now.

p1530477_1.jpg

p1530477_2.jpg

And another pic of the oil filter location since the bumper is off and can be easily seen now.

p1530477_3.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Today, I got the old lip out of there and the new Toyota lip is installed. The lip fits AWESOME, to bad the bottom of my bumper isn't the straightest in the world, but over all it looks good. It just isn't 'tight" on the left side below the fog light area.

Also install a new left side support for the bumper since the old one was a little bent. Then moved on to the duct; sanded it down, sprayed some primer, a little more sanding, then finally some flat black paint. Now I'm just waiting for paint to dry to re-install it.

Since I have this FG repair kit I might "try" to fix the old lip, and just have it as wall decoration in the garage.

Old FG lip and new one, whoo!

p1533180_1.jpg

p1533180_2.jpg

New to this car bumper support,

p1533180_3.jpg

A pic wile installing the lip

p1533180_4.jpg

A few other pics of the lip

p1533180_5.jpg

p1533180_6.jpg

p1533180_7.jpg