92 supra 7mgte cutting out at 2800

matt91

Feb 13, 2012
brushcreek tn
I have a 92 7mgte and it won't rev past 2800 it idles fine has a problem coldstarting but once started no problem until 2800 or if give it a lot of gas at one time it has a new godspeed fuel pump and a godspeed fuel pressure regulator new plugs coilpacks I don't kno what else to change

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You either have a TPS that needs adjusting or a AFM that's not plugged in or not working properly.

Post codes first and we'll get back to you.

matt91

Feb 13, 2012
brushcreek tn
Well I had an extra afm and put it on dident change nothin and I tried adjusting the tps and it cleared up a little but dident change much so I unpluged it to c if it would change anything and it still cut out at 2800. Could that mean the tps is bad?

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
I had the same problem. I changed my afm and it didnt change. But i cleaned it and it cleared everything up almost like it was gunked up or somethin. It prolly wont help but try cleaning it.

matt91

Feb 13, 2012
brushcreek tn
I did and I got a new afm from a lesus made sure the numbers were the same and reset it and evrytime I hit the gas it would try to die so I tried givin a lil more and it died and started right bac and was doin the same thing it was doin to begin with and shoin the same codes

matt91

Feb 13, 2012
brushcreek tn
I did and I got a new afm from a lesus made sure the numbers were the same and reset it and evrytime I hit the gas it would try to die so I tried givin a lil more and it died and started right bac and was doin the same thing it was doin to begin with and shoin the same codes

matt91

Feb 13, 2012
brushcreek tn
Well it only will die one time then it goes bac to half way runcant give it but a tad throttle starts ttach up and soon as it hit 2800 like the cylinders cuttin off is the plugs bad to go bad or jus a 400 dollar afm

matt91

Feb 13, 2012
brushcreek tn
I found the problem I rly appriate it bro...it was the plug about two inces up th wires was cut only one wire hooked uup runin great now do u got any parts for a 92?