92 7mgte turbo spooling but no going anywhere???

djsilence813

Feb 4, 2012
Tampa,fl
hey guy my turbo is spooling up but its not going anywhere what could that be from ???
boost leak??
i had tha tru boost controller aem but didn know how to set it up so i took it off and put the stock tube from the wastegate back to the hose outlet on the ct26 please help me out

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Boost leak can cause this.

If your RPM just shoots to redline, the clutch is slipping which can be caused by:

-Worn clutch
-Improperly adjusted free play in pedal
-Unable to hold the torque

What kind of piping do you have on the car, stock? Aluminum?

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
pull the accordian off and nspect the blades, make sure there none missing/bent out of shape.
next is manually pull the wastegate level VERY GENTLY so you dont bend it, and make sure wastegate moves.
also check for shaft play while you have it all apart.

how much boost you running?

djsilence813

Feb 4, 2012
Tampa,fl
thanx guys but im just running stock boost i had the aem tru boost connected but didnt know how to set it up so i took it off so i didint blow the turbo ..
and ill check the wastegate

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
First off, please stop making a new thread about the same thing! lol. You can keep posting in the thread you originally made about the issue.

So far everyone has given you some good things to check. Boost leak, bad turbo, or stuck open wastegate. However, I would think if you had a stuck open wastegate you would hit very little boost if any, or would be very laggy.

When you had the Tru boost controller on the car were you able to hit boost and have the car pull? Also, with the Tru controller off what does your boost gauge say your hitting as far as PSI when you say it doesn't feel like its pulling right? Have you done a boost leak test yet? I recently did a boost leak test on mine and found SEVERAL boost leaks that I would not have expected. And of course there's other possible issues, Blown piston rings, or blow head gasket can cause a loss of power. Is the car smoking or over heating at all?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
djsilence813;1817866 said:
if my 7mgte is doing this and its NOT a boost leak what else could it be ??
thanks

Like I said in your FIRST thread, do you have any check engine codes? A code 52 will make you feel like you're boosting your ass off but not going anywhere.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
djsilence813;1820994 said:
my car is BRAND NEW REBUILT and no its not blowing smoke and its the knock sensors

If you have a knock sensor problem, the harder you try to push the car the more timing the ecu pulls. It doesn't matter whether your car has .5 miles on it or 300,000 miles on it, knock sensor issues kills any performance with the car. Since it is 'brand new rebuilt' I'd suggest checking all of your grounds and DOUBLE CHECKING you plugged in the knock sensors and didn't break a wire somewhere.

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
djsilence813;1815850 said:
hey guy my turbo is spooling up but its not going anywhere what could that be from ???
boost leak??
i had tha tru boost controller aem but didn know how to set it up so i took it off and put the stock tube from the wastegate back to the hose outlet on the ct26 please help me out

This is a typical symptom of the non JZ-disorder... you may want to consider a swap in the near future ;P