91T vs. 00 Mustang GT

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Just remembered about SM and came here to get off of SF, copied this from my post there, just wanted to let you guys know about it!

So I went to pick up my 91 supra turbo today. . .which isn't actually in perfect running order yet (running very rich right now - see my other post in tech forums) but my friend rode w/me to get it, he has a 2000 Mustang GT only mod is flowmaster mufflers. My new supra has K&N air filter, 3" turbo back exhaust, Fidanza lightweight flywheel and stage 2 perf clutch.

We were riding back on the expressway and stopped at a gas station and he was like 'so you wanna run em when we get back on expressway?' I said sure and he said he wanted to do a 60 mph pull, I told him that was cool w/me. So we get back on the expressway and get up to about 60. I'm in 4th and go to put it in 3rd and he jumps a bit just messing with me so I'm at his back bumper. I start to speed up to get beside him and he just kicks on it. Basically he had nearly 1 carlength headstart. I kick down on it too and he's about a car and a half ahead of me. End of third and I'm at his door, end of fourth and I'm looking at his front fender, hit fifth and I get him to about my back bumper and he just lets off.

Hopefully I'll get the car running as it should tomorrow and that should help out. . .right now its running so rich I can smell the fumes inside the car pretty bad. Like I said, I have a post under tech, if anyone has any ideas for fixing this let me know.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nice kill bstevenson. My car was running real rich also, but I tuned most of it out with my safcii. It is still a little rich at idle, but it is perfect at wot. Good luck with yours.

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
did you tune your safc yourself? if so how complicated is it? I'm gonna get that and a avcr after i get my problems i have now fixed and after i get fmic and hardpipes. I would like to learn to do it myself but don't want to screw anything up. I know a guy who has a modded mk3 (nearly 400rwhp) w/safc that is tuned, so I may talk to him about it. . .just wanted to get a little info though

suprahero said:
Nice kill bstevenson. My car was running real rich also, but I tuned most of it out with my safcii. It is still a little rich at idle, but it is perfect at wot. Good luck with yours.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I know how to tune the gas a little, but I don't know much about the safcII. I don't mess with it much after I get it tuned at the dyno. Good luck with yours.

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
thanks man, i got it parked right now, its going to paint shop next week and i'm waiting on my ngk plugs, msd wires, and intercooler, once i get those its time to go to my uncles work to bend a hardpipe kit, after that i'll put it back on the road!