"91 Supra vs. 2010ish E class Benz in the twisties...

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Here is more proof..
[video=youtube;EsXYKtm4hug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsXYKtm4hug[/video]

Ok this is what you are going to do. You will start deliviring tofu down that road every day at night. If you can find a cup of water and put it in your cup holder almost full that would be good. Try and drive down that road without spilling it one bit, if you spill it all of supramania gets to punch you untill you you get it right..... Soon you will be yawining from how easy and quick you make the run.

Also put this on the side of your door.
initial-d-fujiwara-tofu-shop-decal-sticker-494-p.jpg

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
while that is pretty funny... all jokes aside; the video I posted was a real battle, and Tsuchiya did win by a hair... running ~ 170hp (I believe that's his personal ride)

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
You can get away with less power if you have the edge in suspension and traction. Against that AMG, Toyota's A70 chassis isn't going to have a suspension edge without major upgrades. A 22 year old stock suspension isn't going to do it, not unless your tires are asphalt adhesive.

I've only ever won once where I was out-classed in tires, suspension and power to weight, and the driver in that case was a complete idiot, enough so that even HE knew that there was no point in blaming anything on the car at all.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
at this age you'd need to get some fresh bushings, new shocks, springs. bare minimum. OP wasn't even running factory tire size o_O and I thought 7" was tiny. LOL I was wanting to put 285's on mine up front and 305's out back.

looks like Tsuchiya only had upgraded springs, dampers, bushings, stabilizers, and unknown chassis reinforcement.

The car was apparently a gift to him from TRD for his years of dedication and racing with the AE86.

Full list of mods here.

ENGINE: AE111 5 VALVE 4A-G MODIFIED APPROX. 175 HORSEPOWER
CAMS: TODA RACING 272/288
PISTONS: TODA RACING 82 FORGED(?)
COMPUTER: FREEDOM (MOTORE SETTING)
(TRANS)MISSION: TRD 3SPD CROSS(I THINK THEY MEAN "CLOSE")
FINAL: GENUINE TOYOTA 4.778
LSD: TRD 2-WAY
EXHAUST MANIFOLD/MUFFLER: TRD
DAMPER: (F)TRD AE86 APPLICATION (R)SAME
SPRINGS: (F)8KG (R)8KG
STABILIZER: TRD
BUSHINGS: TRD REINFORCED/STRENGTHENED RUBBER COMPOUND
HOOD: M TECHNIC DRY CARBON BONNET
REARGATE: TRD N2 APPLICATION
DOOR/SIDE MIRRORS: (SITSUWA?) DRY CARBON
BODY REINFORCEMENT: TOKYO KAGAKU TOSO INC.
MAINTENANCE: MOTORE
BRAKE PADS: IMAGE (F)C2 (R)SUPER SPORTS
WHEELS: DORI DORI MESH 7JX15 OFFSET-2
TIRES: POTENZA RE-01 195/50R15
WEIGHT: APPROX. 900KG.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
89jdm7m;1902230 said:
while that is pretty funny... all jokes aside; the video I posted was a real battle, and Tsuchiya did win by a hair... running ~ 170hp (I believe that's his personal ride)

A couple of things about that video. I've seen this and Tsuchiya other touge battles.
Don't let that 175HP fool you. There's some serious HP/weight ratio goodness going on there. We all know that's no ordinary car. Hell, it even has a "cross" ratio tranny. :)

Most importantly... his driving skills are level Japan. That also has a little to do with how he leaves people in the dust.

As money permits I will get some upgraded sway bars. I'm more than likely going to stick with my stock springs, shocks, and replace my bushings with new stock stuff. Oh, and get some good tires too. :icon_redf

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Suprapowaz!(2);1901942 said:
My car suffers from gross understeer, so when I feel it push a little I'll slow it down a little.
Well, with the same width tires that you find on your average Miata (a 2500 lb car), I'm not terribly surprised. I used to run a 275 all around. Understeer was rarely ever an issue. I suggest some wider Nitto NT01's all around. ;)

Suprapowaz!(2);1902004 said:
I was talking to my brother about what happened today. He educated me about Mercedes today. He showed me pics and I pointed out what handed me my ass. It turned out to be a 2010ish CLS AMG. I feel a little better about my ass kicking.
No need to feel bad at all man. Despite the looks, anything that AMG touched is bound to be capable in the right hands. More importantly, it seems that the hands attached to that Merc owner were good ones...

Sside;1902007 said:
I dont... You made us look bad.... You need some proper suspesion m8..... And some confidence in your driving m8....
Watch this and then try again....
Ugh, the dub on Initial D was ear bleedingly bad. However, it raises a good point. pop in a MOVE cd, and NOBODY will keep up with you, no matter WHAT you're driving! :rofl: