'91 NA with an 89-92 turbo wing

Jul 14, 2014
Sussex County
Hello Supra Mania,
Just a quick question. I have a '91 NA, and I just got a 3 piece wing for it, reason being I like the looks of it. Now, since my car is NA, there wasn't a wing on it before can anyone remember the points where I'd have to drill? I know the top seems fairly easy but the sides won't be. Another thing, my passengers side rear window looks like someone did a real shit re-install. I'm saying this because, I think it was in an accident before I bought it. The rear right quarter was clearly replaced, and when I went to get an alignment the rear was WAY off How would I go about fixing that since I'm not sure how to. I'll post up pictures when I get a chance to.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Rear subframe might be out of wack if it got hit. The quarter panels are part of the uni body so more than likely it would have been filled so you can test the body with a magnet to see if its filled.
You should get the car on a lift and inspect everything.

Jul 14, 2014
Sussex County
Apparently when I took it to STS and put it on their rack, they said it was ridiculously out. I'll jack up the rear and look at it anything in particular I should be looking for? I know I have to do the inner tie rods, which I got, and I think the right rear quarter was replaced because the guy who took car of some rust pointed out to me the shitty weld marks in a couple places.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Regarding your wing installation I think there was a template years ago around here but I wasn't able to find it when we installed one on my buddy's car. We just eyeballed and sort of just placed the pieces and made sure it was center/aligned with the hatch/ body then went a head and drilled. Good luck!

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
Ive done a couple 3-piece installs now on NA cars. Put the mounting clips/tabs on and put some good wet paint on the bottom of the pins/tabs/clips. Now if you have a good eye ball place it right in line on the edge of the deck lid area and set it down. Keep an eye on where the back curved portion will end up when it drops down into the hole. Then lift it off and drill where your paint marks are. Youll need two round holes and 2 rectangular for each side piece. Use a small square file for the rectangle ones. And for the center piece. 4 round holes. 2 rectangular and one hole just big enough to get the led brake light plug through.

Jul 14, 2014
Sussex County
I got everything, one of the studs on the right piece broke off, but I'm going to JB weld it back on. Thats kind of what my cousin and I are going to have to do I guess is just eyeball it. I'm just worried that since it may have gotten hit that the hatch and surrounding area will be off and if I ever do get it straight that it will shift everything