90 supra shootin from the hip

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
so ive had my supra for about two months now. im a full time student with two kids and a third on the way but ive been blessed enough to to get my CAR on. im a mechanic so luckily mods dont cost much for me. bought this car from an old man that hadnt driven it for years. first i had to replace the powersteering pressure hose that was a pain cuz i was ridin the car to hard after it sittin for so long. there was a crap load of vacume leaks at the pcv and acccordian hose off the turbo so i replaced and sealed all of em. that took care of an erratic idle.

p1815259_1.jpg

Then to the fun stuff. bought a Godspeed Bov which sounds great and works just as well. installed a perrin manual boost controller and took her up to 10 psi after doing much research on fuel cut off and such. and also looked everywhere for an adapter for a cone filter and finally found a spectre adapter that i massaged to make it work and spectre filter since the jackoff that owned it before me was runnin no filter.

p1815259_2.jpg

p1815259_3.jpg

got myself an autometer boost gauge so i can see vacume and tune better and just got my double pod pillar from lotek. i have to say its a nice pillar but im a bit dissapoined with the fitment at the top of it

p1815259_4.jpg

p1815259_5.jpg

more stuff to come

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
also had to hardwire the cps due to dry rot. car died in the middle of a wal mart parking lot and had to tow it home in the rain. pain in the butt to find wiring diagrams since the wires broke before i saw where they were placed

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
no plans really but this is what i did tonight with extra parts i had layin around. i gotta say im likin it so far
p1816046_1.jpg

tomorrow i will replace the rest of the pipes to the intercooler

Last edited:

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
so i have had a small intermittent misfifre so i thought i would pull the plugs. no 3 was barely in and covered in crap but the rest were good. denso iridiums. so i pull off the valve covers for the hell of it. the ignition module connector is fuct and broke at two wires lol. so another wiring problem that needs fixin.

p1818868_1.jpg

p1818868_2.jpg

now to the cams haha. the right cam has been replaced it seems by the look of it and the left cam seems to be stock. has a little bit of valve noise and i bet the pucks on the right side arent correct. will take specs tomorrow.
p1818868_3.jpg

p1818868_4.jpg

any input?

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
these are the goodie i ordered today. gonna accent my engine with green. :) took 2 days of lookin for green intake couplers but finally found e in the U.K. :) cost a pretty penny
p1825620_1.jpg

p1825620_2.jpg

p1825620_3.jpg

got the green catch can
p1825620_4.jpg

new springs. and i actually took the motors off of the tems and set them to sport manually
p1825620_5.jpg

p1825620_6.jpg

p1825620_7.jpg

and repaired a bunch of stuff and paintin engine component green :)

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
OP: nice car and sad to hear about wiring issues. Mine was about that bad so I decided to rebuild the entire thing from the ground up. My coil pack wires left me stranded in the middle lane of a 4 lane 55mph road at a stoplight. :( Wiring issues can be outright dangerous.

I have the lotek pillar pod as well and the fitment blows at the top. It's a common problem and there aren't any good companies that make other options. :(

Keep the pics coming!

gurley0916;1828389 said:
No they have a purpose if you buy the real ones...

IBoughtASupra;1828392 said:
+1

AEM/Innovate

I just bought one of these to fill my other pillar pod spot:
30-5143B-2T.jpg

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
previous retard statement retracted.
thanks everyone and dont worry im not gonna tune my car off of a 50 dollar autometer gauge :)

Last edited:

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
nrdriver;1830826 said:
Gurley.... your a hater. and thanks everybody else. here is the most recent pic. i tore my whole car apart

Your right...buying real equipment to do the right job makes me a "hater". Hell I hate my car so much its not even funny. HATER HATER HATER HATER

I didnt know telling you to buy real equipment would affend you so much, all i see in this thread is a 16 year old with a spray can and budget non functional gauges. Cant wait till we get a thread saying i blew up my motor cause i was tuning on an A/f gauge made by Matel toys or something.

Ya your right I crashed my car 3 years ago, who cares past is the past and everyone grows up. Was just giving some experience to the noob i see in here. Only hatin i see is you 7m fan boiiii.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
nrdriver;1830829 said:
Im starting a second build thread for the direction that I want to take my car. I got the car in April and since then it has gone through a crash into a chain link fence from being stupid, to blowing the 7m motor do to a coolant leak that I did not catch.

this comin from a retard that didnt know he didnt had any coolant leak
in his 7m so he had to upgrade? And you cant drive

Yes, Dustin must be a retard. He only saved up so much to do a JZ swap and took his car to different stages that a lot of owners on here would dream to do but can't because they're simply cheap.

It's a fact that if he never said the incident about the fence, your comment about him not knowing how to drive would have not been made.

He said a wideband serves a purpose, I agreed. You call him a hater, I agree.

He must be a hater, you know, since he's trying to help you out. I am sure you have no knowledge for the use of a wideband due to you writing in your above post that you bought a boost gauge to "tune." Dustin must be Einstein if you are going to "tune" on a boost/vacuum gauge.

When you don't know something, listen and figure out who actually knows what they're talking about. You obviously went to Dustin's thread and if you see his car and think he just magically got there with no knowledge, you're kidding yourself. Him and I don't know everything but we sure do ask each other if we aren't sure. I kept bugging him on fuel setup questions because of the age old saying, "been there, done that" and then figured what I wanted to do based off where he got his stuff and how his system is ran.

Here is food for thought, I never met Dustin face to face but he sent me some new injector clips for free when I got my Bosch 1200 and it turned out that I didn't need them since I changed injectors and he doesn't want them back. OP, keeping an attitude like you have right now, you'll never meet cool people like the AZ Supra guys.

/rant over.