'90 Supra NA 5sp Smog Monster - WA

HEDORAH

awwww fuck
Oct 3, 2010
Fort Lewis, WA
Been lurking around using all the great tech here for half a year. Helped me greatly!
Made sure my engine rebuild was done right because of supramania - along with a great mechanic (TIQ Performance).

Let me know what you think of the trim in white (plan on getting wider wheels also in white...)

$900 Craiglist find:

Bought this beast after my return from Iraq Dec 09. $900 running on smoking BHG with very bad interior.

Now has a deep, clean muscle rumble from the 3" exhaust, 284 degree cams, K&N FIPK, and head port.
Sits low and sticks to the road but still running the sawblades i got it with (they were painted white?!)
Removed the rear wing and glassed in all the holes. Repainted the roof and rear quarters.
Then painted the trim white on a whim to match the wheels.

And still has a very bad interior.

p1624865_1.jpg

Power:
HKS 1.0 mm Stopper MHG, Machined Head .010, Compression 10.64, Torqued to 72, Mishimoto Rad/Fan, K&N FIPK, 284 degree Cams, 208 cfm Head Port, Rebuilt block/head, ACL Race Bearings, NGK Plugs/Wires, 3" SS Exhaust, Samco Ancilliary Hoses, Flex-a-Lite Oil Cooler, Power Enterprise Hi-Flow Cat, Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel

Stance:
Sawblades!, Tokico Illumina II's, Dropzone Springs, TEIN Front Pillowball mounts, Cusco Rear Pillowball mounts, Megan Racing Tower Braces, A1 Racing Traction Bars/Toe Kit/End Links, ST Swaybars front/rear, Cusco shift knob

Next on list:
Maintenance: Checking TPS, ISCV tomorrow (got it back today 5 Oct with a slight flux in RPM at stops)
Power: Apexi Neo or equiv, adjustable cam gears, 255 lph fuel pump (mine is getting tired), Header with 3" collector, Dyno tune
Stance: flush fitting 16" wheels with some camber, Quick diconnect front swaybar links, Stance Angle+ Kit, A1 Racing Rear Camber Rod

Future Changes: Supercharger/Large Turbo combo if I can make it fit, 85.5 mm forged pistons, SIP Racing Stroker kit, Largest brakes 16" wheels will fit around, Coilovers, HANS compatible racing seats/harnesses, SCCA spec rollcage, 4.3 rear end, Cusco road track LSD, Carbon Fiber body pieces from J-pan (Hood, Hatch, Rear quarter windows, Doors), Carbon fiber or aluminum drive shaft, Lexan (Side windows and Hatch), Front Air ducts from Toyota Group A Turbo, Fog Lights > Brake ducts, Front Air Dam with no ducts, Carbon Fiber front splitter, Carbon Fiber side skirts, Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, aluminum belly pan, Fuel Safe tank, SS lines/CF hardpipes everwhere possible...

Last edited:

HEDORAH

awwww fuck
Oct 3, 2010
Fort Lewis, WA
A rare sunny day here in WA so got some pics of the bay/interior.
Too sunny for good pics actually... (the water jugs in the front seat are from the BHG lol)

p1625036_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Background on the car:

Previous owner was young and knew nothing about the car. Called the car a 'drift king' lol. He had it completely stock and developed the dreaded BHG. Replaced the engine with a JDM Cressida (why not turbo? idk..) And it was an awful shoddy job. I got it with loose harness connections and missing sensors and billowing smoke from the hood. He was driving it like this (no thermostat and broken o2 sensor).

I got it and replaced the missing parts, took it apart to find faults and properly replaced the BHG with a machined head, HKS MHG and etc. Took it on a drive up the road. Smoke now came out the rear end (improvement!) It stopped pulling 10 mins later. Collapsed piston rings... So I rebuilt the bottom end. Then it wouldn't idle or cold start.

While tracking down the problem I swapped on a 3" exhaust to deal with the mariachi band I swear was residing in the tail pipe. And now suddenly the beast starts fine, runs clean, idles smooth and sounds deeper than most muscle cars. Turns heads just by the sound. Not loud, just so different from the norm. Lopes at idle and rumbles like an old school V8.

Last edited: