90 supra 2jzge-T build

Apr 22, 2009
Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada
Im guessing you swapped out the PS reservoir due to clearance with the ffim, was it close to fitting? Did you keep the stock oil dipstick and did you have to bend it at all to clear the ffim? Was the camry throttle cable long enough? stock GE fan and clutch and fuel rail? Did you do the ic piping your self and was it just a universal kit or what?

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
JJBToyotaSupra;2006175 said:
Im guessing you swapped out the PS reservoir due to clearance with the ffim, was it close to fitting? Did you keep the stock oil dipstick and did you have to bend it at all to clear the ffim? Was the camry throttle cable long enough? stock GE fan and clutch and fuel rail? Did you do the ic piping your self and was it just a universal kit or what?

I was planning to keep the 7mge power steering reservoir, no other good spot for the 2jzge ps reservoir. Most guys running a ffim ditch the 2jzge ps reservoir cause it's in the way. I kept the stock oil dip stick, just bend it to fit. Camry cable was perfect fit. Clutch fan and fuel rail is stock. I did the pipings myself from the left over pipings from the 7m.

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
ask92;2006454 said:
I love the originality of this build. Have you been able to drive the car yet?
Not yet, I ran into a problem when I got code 22 fixed. Gotta get code 51 fix see if my sputtering at low rpm problem goes away. Than I need new tires, new brakes to be drivable.

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
JJBToyotaSupra;2006762 said:
Cool. Thanks. Where did you route your hose from your ps pump to reservoir? Any idea how much hp the stock fuel rail will support?
I routed the ps hose from pump down up to reservoir with a long hose. The stock fuel rail should be enough for my hp goal now but will upgrade later when i switch to standalone, 1000cc+ injectors, dual pumps, bigger fuel lines

Apr 22, 2009
Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada
Oh I see. Cool. I'm doing the same swap right now. My motor came with a dual feed -10 fuel rail and 1000cc injectors but I think that rail is overkill. I thinking I want to try and find s stock fuel rail so I can run the 550's from my 7m, just to get it going....

Hey I need to get my hands on that tee fitting you used for the turbo feed. Where'd you get yours?

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
JJBToyotaSupra;2006950 said:
Oh I see. Cool. I'm doing the same swap right now. My motor came with a dual feed -10 fuel rail and 1000cc injectors but I think that rail is overkill. I thinking I want to try and find s stock fuel rail so I can run the 550's from my 7m, just to get it going....

Hey I need to get my hands on that tee fitting you used for the turbo feed. Where'd you get yours?
I got the tee fitting at homedepot.

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
JJBToyotaSupra;2013413 said:
Did you keep the electric rad fans? Are they still functional? Do you use the 2jz AC pump and 7m pulley or how does that work?
I used a sc300 clutch fan. I used a 2jzge ac pump with a 7mgte ac pump top housing, rewired on 7m wires. No change to the 2jzge pully.

mk3turbo

Sep 5, 2008
michigan
JJBToyotaSupra;2015115 said:
Awesome thanks. What about those electric aux fans that are mounted to the rad beside the clutch fan? Is there anyway to keep those functional or do most ditch those when doing the swap?
Most guys ditch it but I'm keeping mines for the ac