90 7mgte powered supra

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
northwestsupra;1377923 said:
well my fluid dynamics go as far as gravity making it fall lol, no i can imagine how it would work but i was just curious. i figure that with the amount of pressure behind it that it really wouldnt matter. now if goals were higher and there was alot of fuel being used, then i could see it being a possible issue. i guess ill have to make a animation in 3dsmax using my fluid software to see how the difference live

that idea in 3dsm would actually be really interesting! I know that the correct dynamics and equations would already be inputed in the software so it would make for a pretty interesting demonstration.

I would agree with Ian, there would have to be some form of flow restriction, I am just hoping that its not too much to hinder the goals I am after.

If it is then I will look at putting an 044 up near the engine bay with new lines feeding it.

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
IJ.;1378112 said:
Andy: The 040's are damn close in flow to an 044 so seriously I think you're stressing over nothing, even if you added 20' of line it would still cope.

well this is music to my ears :)

guess its just a worst case scenario kinda thing.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
well i did it and got it simulated :) but then it crashed, but ill do the simulation another time but ill tell you how it worked out. had a straight hose, sharp 45 and 90, and a sweep 45 and 90. the straight won, figure that lol the sweep 45 came 2nd sharp came almost at the same time, then not to far behind "like half a second" was the 90 sweep, then way way behind like almost 2 seconds behind was the sharp 90.

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
sounds like the results were pretty much spot on with what we thought.

i guess the moral is to avoid having more +45 degree anodized fittings than you need.

unfortunately at the moment I fall into that "need" catagory :( lol

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
northwestsupra;1378176 said:
well i did it and got it simulated :) but then it crashed, but ill do the simulation another time but ill tell you how it worked out. had a straight hose, sharp 45 and 90, and a sweep 45 and 90. the straight won, figure that lol the sweep 45 came 2nd sharp came almost at the same time, then not to far behind "like half a second" was the 90 sweep, then way way behind like almost 2 seconds behind was the sharp 90.

do a straight 10' ;)

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
ok ill do that mmm well try tomorrow :) its kinda interesting. the only thing i see getting in the way of this is the pressure. because the higher the pressure the less of an issue a 90 degree fitting is going to be. higher the pressure the shorter that 10' hose gets :p but i can get the pressure from the site and convert and use those specs. btw the software im using is real flow 4 great great software

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
at a stand still due to money, still deciding between AEM or stinger 4424 lol. personally for the 80$ difference im thinking AEM. "before it gets asked, HPF is selling it for the 80 more" im still at a lost for what is needed to make each to work, and what would be cheaper in the end, and what would be better

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
I have an ems stinger mate, seems to be a fairly decent replacement management system to me. Really easy to play with and tune. If the aem is a similar price then maybe it's a good idea. I hear they are pretty damn good. I thought they were a fair bit more expensive though?

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
thanks guys.... and the bad news... now it is gone.

Sold and picked up last night on a truck headed for melbourne :*(

I guess that ends my build thread.

It is however hitting the dyno in the next week when the new guy gets it so I will update the numbers it posts.