9.79 @ 145.9mph

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
daaaaamn that thing moves!
a couple of my buddies saw you running up at NED a few weeks ago. any chance you'll be going this friday? i'll be up there gunning for mid 12's

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
besttrans;1339552 said:
We might go to the valley wed night or to epping on saturday. I'll let you know, the head is ported by DPR.

hey shawn, it was me that called the shop earlier about my buddies swapped is300. not sure what hes gonna end up doin wit it, but i highly recommended your shop.

oh and deff lemme know if you're gonna be goin friday or saturday, i'd rather pay an extra $10 to see your car run :icon_bigg

besttrans

Supramania Contributor
Jun 18, 2006
Springfield MA
I definately can't make it friday, my buddy is fighting at mohegan sun that night. I'll let you know when im heading up.

shawn

besttrans

Supramania Contributor
Jun 18, 2006
Springfield MA
7m built with a th350, all stock irs w a 28x9 et drag. turbo is a 78 s-trim. old school accel dfi ecu, air to water intercooler. thats about it.

shawn

squrillbait

Jun 5, 2005
wichita, ks
wow now i really hate myself. all the upgrades that ive done and i cant even break into the 15's. maybe if i drop the clutch when it gets broke in i will be able to lol.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Just watched Shawn run a 9.5 at 144mph at the World Cup event at MIR on Saturday. This was only a qualifying pass on just boost. He said he was going to spray Nitrous next run. I'm suprised he has not posted anything here yet.

besttrans

Supramania Contributor
Jun 18, 2006
Springfield MA
I tried to spray her but it makes no difference in power, we even put 150 shot in her but no mph. Im gonna check that solenoid. It works great on spool but its almost like the solenoid is freezing up. Any ideas?

shawn

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
besttrans;1447916 said:
I tried to spray her but it makes no difference in power, we even put 150 shot in her but no mph. Im gonna check that solenoid. It works great on spool but its almost like the solenoid is freezing up. Any ideas?

shawn

Yeah, let me drive it.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
That's too bad. Because the car went down the track perfectly smooth with no traction, or lag problems at all. By comparison, most of the MK4's before Shawn were having all kinds of hickups coming off the line not enabling them to make a clean pass.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
besttrans;1447916 said:

shawn

Nice chatting tonight Shawn. As I said, try the noid change, it may be getting too hot. I have had it work on me for a bit, then not work. It may just be an old noid.

As far as MPH. It ran ok before and picked up MPH, so it is odd, again, makes me think it just needs replacement.

BTW, Shawn has done 9.42 on a bit of spray on it, already. (75shot) I think it has more in it with a big shot which he plans. (150)
Duane