89 Turbo wont start!!!

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
ok this morning i started her up and it took 5 seconds to get her on and she was idling fine but i turned her off 3min later and then started her up do to i was waiting for my friend to come out so i turned the key and nothing.no lights ect.I thought the battery was dead so i jumped her and their was nothing.I checked the fusses under the steering wheel and they seem to look ok and then i checked the fusses under the hood and they were ok.could it maybe a bad battery??

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
I checked the fusses and their was a 7.5 fuse that was out then replaced it and i herd a beeping sound that comes from having the door open and the key in the ignition but then it stoped.i checked the altonator and fusses under the hood and tryen to clean the neg wire that is screwed on the bottom side of the block.has anybody had this problem cause i'm stuck

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
are you checking just the small fuses..?

I remember once my 100amp alternator fuse went out, everything electrical worked fine, and i had the beep, but once I turned the key, nothing, everything died. Replaced it and she fired right up...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
well check it! It's green or blue if I remember correctly in the engine bay. Just look through the little window, because you won't be able to pull it out, unless you unscrew your entire fuse box.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
I tried to pull it out but i did'nt want to FORCE it out lol, but ill try to do that.is it complicated to unscrew it out?I looked through the window but the metal part looks a little dark as the sides of it go down into the green box.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
actually it is a blue box and i took the 100amp fuse and it looks fine.cant understand why their is no power to anything.no headlights dome lights.....weird.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Ill check the pos terminal tomorow and see whats up.It would be nice if i could get voltage to atleast be able to check codes,but whats weird is that even when i tried to jump start her and put my battery from my n/a into her their was no sign of battery power and lights.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
I have tried almost everything from cleaning the battery terminals,cleaning the neg terminal that is on the side bottom of the block.Also have checked the connections to the altinator and cleaned them as well.put in a new battery,and took out the 100amp altinator fuse to inspect.does'nt look damaged and still it's like i have no battery connected to the car.PLEASE HELP:aigo::aigo:

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Awesome it was the pos terminal and their was a bad connection so now i have lights and power,but TIPICAL another problem poped up which now it does'nt start.It turns over but does'nt start and checked under the hood and under the steering wheel for fusses.They are all fine and can anybody relate?

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Refresh my memory of C.P.S

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Never mind cam.position.sensor,daaaaaaaa

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Do you have power to any of the fuses, under the hood, or under the dash?

This issue is unresolvable if you are unable to check for power, ground and voltage.

Power Probe is what i use. http://www.powerprobe.com/powerprobe/PP3.html
There are many other ways. But other things like a DMM require, more knowledge to operate, and understand results.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Ok it's time to end this thread by sayen thanks everybody for help and Airhead04 your AWESOME cause i did something that i would never wold have tried.Wiggling the C.P.S cause now she is back to normal and i still need to replace the pos terminal due to their is a short somewhere on it.......the end.