89 T build

B shaw

Jan 9, 2013
Tx
So far my modifications include:
.040 forged bottom end / clevite bearings / 1.5 mhg / arp everywhere possible /
walbro 255 / afpr / rc550 / lex afm / safcII / t4 p trim 60-1 in stock shell / bic ddp
/ 3" exhaust / apex-I intake / stock air bypass (Bosch 110 on the way) / wideband / turbo timer / profec-bII /
-20/30 boost gauge / spearco ic with piping /

Also done but not upgraded:
New oil pump / head milled and valve job / new fuel filter / new turbo inlet pipe / all hoses under hood have less than 3,000 miles / there's more but I can't recall at the moment.

So far I have had it boosting 23.4psi in 3rd with A/F holding between 12.7-13.0. It hasn't been professionally tuned yet but that is in the near future. I have just played with settings to keep it safe to drive.

I'm thinking it should make about 450 to the wheels if not more. My question is: is this a realistic assumption based off what I have done so far? I do plan on upgrading the stock head but for now it is the way it is.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Pretty close rough guess I wud say. U have basically my exact same setup, but I'm not dun with my build yet. How does the pull feel at 23 psi?

B shaw

Jan 9, 2013
Tx
I have no traction until I get to 3rd. I'm only running 245/45/17 bfg kdw the fort tread pattern. It feels really nice after the supra being down for 3 years due to me being out of country and training. At half throttle setting rings in 4th my buddy was following me in his 91T and he said he was full throttle and having trouble keeping up. I can't wait to have it tuned correctly and get the boost figured out. It hovers at 18.5 like I have it set to but creeps up to 23-24ish by the time I shift. It's a great feeling.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Pretty close rough guess I wud say. U have basically my exact same setup, but I'm not dun with my build yet. How does the pull feel at 23 psi?

B shaw

Jan 9, 2013
Tx
That's the reason I'm asking. Last time it was running it laid down 354.75 at 9psi with the same setup. Now it can hold double that if not more. If I do go with bigger injectors I will need something other than the safc-II. I'm leaning toward the emanage blue or ultimate.

Last edited:

B shaw

Jan 9, 2013
Tx
From what I've found you can push 475 out of the 550's safely at 80% duty cycle. There was a write up on it on one of the forums I came across the other day. With what I'm reaching for in the future I will need no less than 800cc, but that's down the road.