89 supra build

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
I bought this supra for 500 bucks, it sat under a tree for 10yrs, when i got it the car didn't run. So i did a tune up and the fuel pump was shot. so after a quick tune up it ran fine. I took it to the track I knew it was leaking oil, so I got to the track and didn't check the oil before i ran it and on the way home from the track it blew. so now i want to put a 2jz in it and hopefully start drifting it.

I took off the bumper it was real fucked up, and don't plan on putting on a new one.
p1631305_1.jpg

can't really see all the paint that was missing and cracks.
p1631305_2.jpg

p1631305_3.jpg

Thats as far as i've gotten so far i hope to pull the motor and trans on monday
p1631305_4.jpg

p1631305_5.jpg

My Boost Controller that doesn't really work lol only takes it up to 8lbs the vacuum lines had holes in them.
p1631305_6.jpg

p1631305_7.jpg

most likely wont do anything to the dent or the paint because i plan on drifting it, but if i happen to run across a cheap paint job i may do.
p1631305_8.jpg

This is actually a fart can off a honda lol i just welded it on, when 2jz goes in i'm getting a cut out.
p1631305_9.jpg

I picked up wheels for free and spray painted them lol I think they came out real well for just spray paint.
p1631305_10.jpg

Started taking it apart this monday.

IMG_0119 by Hansito10, on Flickr

Took radiator out.
url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/55026673@N08/5095393174/]
5095393174_3edc22c7f1.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0118 by Hansito10, on Flickr

Wiring harness making its way out.

IMG_0122 by Hansito10, on Flickr

IMG_0121 by Hansito10, on Flickr

Stock turbo looks extra big lol

IMG_0115 by Hansito10, on Flickr

Looks like the fins have been chopping grass lol but very little shaft play, i was surprised about that

IMG_0116 by Hansito10, on Flickr

Shit was leaking oil out of everything possible

IMG_0123 by Hansito10, on Flickr

IMG_0125 by Hansito10, on Flickr

IMG_0124 by Hansito10, on Flickr

Thats as far as i've gotten so far, hope to have motor and trans out this monday.

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
Got to work on the supra again today I was able to finish taking out the motor and trans. Here are a few pics of it coming out, either Wednesday or next Monday i'll get around to taking apart the motor and clean up the trans and engine bay then get around to go and find myself a 2jz.

IMG_0144 by Hansito10, on Flickr

IMG_0151 by Hansito10, on Flickr

IMG_0146 by Hansito10, on Flickr

IMG_0145 by Hansito10, on Flickr

My friend helping me get motor out

IMG_0148 by Hansito10, on Flickr

Again i can't believe this thing ran as long as it did.

IMG_0149 by Hansito10, on Flickr

IMG_0150 by Hansito10, on Flickr

IMG_0153 by Hansito10, on Flickr

IMG_0154 by Hansito10, on Flickr

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
I was finally able to get my motor from the "JDM store" here are a few pics, depending on weather tomorrow i'm going to be cleaning my engine bay and transmission.

p1671911_1.jpg

p1671911_2.jpg

I couldnt get the engine hoist to my back yard so i had to drag the motor threw the snow lol.
p1671911_3.jpg

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
i picked it up for 840 and yea i plan on using my turbo, which i plan on rebuilding and swapping out the fins turning it into a 57trim, or if i find a nice turbo for cheap somewhere i'll get that.

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
Hey fellow supra owners i know i haven't posted an update on the build in a while, but doesn't mean i haven't been working on it. The Supra i'm building has changed tho from the white 89 to my new Black 88. long story short i was going to build race out of the white one keep the black one stock and extra clean. But me being me took the black 88 to the track drifted it all day and blew a rod lol. so sent the white supra to the junk yard so she could RIP. Started building the 88 from there.

Most of these photos i'm going to post all took place where i used to work, teaching automotive technology to high school students.

Some welding I did, thought you guys would like lol.

Pulled 7m motor out. Shouldn't be anything to new to my fellow mk3 owners lol. only posted one pictures cuz i had a bunch already from the white 89 supra.

After pulling the 7m out I power washed the engine bay, it was covered in oil from front main seal leaking, might have had something to do with the 7m blowing up lol.

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
after pulling the 7m out i decided to put in my cheap ass buddy club seat i picked up for 50 haha, i was using it as a gaming chair for like 2 years. but any ways a couple pics of it getting fabed up and then me inside the car with it welding in place.

Me in my car, with one of my students that was helping me out with the build, i turned lots of students into supra lovers this year, half the time students were the ones wanting to work on the car more then i did hahah.

my friends truck we used to drop off my supra thought the supra looked extra dope with the slammed silverado so i thought i'd share ahah.

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
well anyways after putting the seat in and getting motor out i took the trans off and removed bellhouseing. i cleaned trans you can see all the degresser on it in this picture, but didn't take a picture of how clean it came out after sorry.

Here's a picture of the R154 bellhouseing and the 1jz bell house sitting next to each other.

The infamous 2jz in engine stand getting ready to get stripped down.

Finally starting to get stuff off the 2j, taking off dizzy a/c, p/s, accessory belts, intake manifold, oil pressure sensor, knock sensors, and engine coolant temp sensors. Sorry don't mind my student working on his motorcycle he bought, i ended up rebuilding the carbs for him on lol.

Anyways after that i continued to rip the motor apart, started to take lower and upper oil pan off, to check internals since it came used from JAPAN, and to drill oil return.

Upper oil pan completely off

Better Shot of the inside of oil pan

Oil return before i drilled it out.

After i drilled it and tapped it lol

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
well i'll have to post the rest of the pics later this week, tired have to work tomorrow and am currently in a hotel traveling for work so i'm beat hope you guys enjoy the little update i was able to put up.

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
akito;1997772 said:
Nice build you got there man. What wheels are you running on the black 88 now?

for right now i'm leaving those on till its done i'll be putting the green NA mk4 supra wheels on when its all done till i find some better wheels.

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
well another night in a hotel. Traveled about 300 miles in total today and had about 4 different spots i had to stop and look over heavy duty lifts. kinda tired so i'll probably only be posting a few more pictures tonight.

But anyways after drilling and tapping the oil return i put in the 7m oil pressure sensor.

Here i swapped over two sensors from the 7m into the 2jz. I forgot what they were lol but i'm pretty sure it has something to do with the coolant temp lol, thats how long i've been dragging ass in this swap smh. you can also see one of the two knock sensors you have to take from the 7m and put in the 2jz, btw i'm doing the 7m harness and ecu and 2jzNA-T if i didn't write that back in 2010 when i first started this thread lol.

only picture i took of me test fitting the CPS for my coils, i'm pretty sure i still had to make it wider then what it was in this picture. I can't really remember. also the damn connector to my CPS turned to dust lol so if anyone has a picture of how the connecter is pinned that would be awesome.

A random picture of my fat ass last year lol with all the parts from my supra. oh yeah lost some weight since then so i can look cool in my supra lol.

Hansito

Mar 18, 2010
arlington VA
A little test fit of the turbo manifold and turbo bolted up. I don't know why i love this picture.. can't ask for anything better then a mk3 shell, Turbo, and JDM 2jzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hate that damn intake manifold thoooo. Also have some of the wiring done in this pic.

My friend wanted to test fit my intercooler out of the car for some reason lol. its goingt to look nothing like this in the car.

Another picture of me doing some wiring on the 2jz

OHHHH and some more wiring hahah