89 na-t conversion wireharness issues

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
so im in the process of going na-t and the mysterious 89 wireharness is proving to be a nuisance. the first one i purchased never arrived..... and the second is a "89" supposedly but the body harness plugs are not matching so im at a loss. id apreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction. if you have the correct harness i need a pm would be apreciated or if you have a solution to make the current harness work that would help as well.

im assuming the correct body harness plugs would be identical to the GE ones:

ge h plugs.jpg

here are the plugs from the gte harness i have

gte h plugs.jpggte e plugs.jpg

sorry about the horrible pics
thanks for the help guys

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
another thing that puzzles me is why are there only 2 wires on the plug?!?! ( pic of the body harness plugs under the dash. car originally ge)ge h plugs 2.2.JPG

Attachments

• ge h plugs 2.jpg
    ge h plugs 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 4

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
It looks like you got a harness from 90+ car, more specifically 91-92. I had a problem with that when i did my swap years ago. I also hardwired it but it was a bitch and had all sort of problems, can start but idled like crap and would not drive over 30mph. I end up getting a 89 turbo harness and everything works perfectly again. Just get the right year harness for you car to make things less of a mess. Also, if later down the road you encounter a problem, at least you would know your harness is not the source. Imagining if you hardwired it and had to go back to figure out what's wrong.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The plug with 2 wires is for pps. If you had abs there would be another 3 wires black red and yellow.

Could cut the plugs that don't match up and wire in the correct ones that do from the he harness.

If the wire colors are the same then just match them up.

This would help too. As long each wire that you need or your car is in the right pin everything will work.
http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=50