edmonton

Jul 2, 2008
edmonton
will mk4 injectors work in a mk3 turbo?
im wondering because someone locally is selling these pretty cheap

Last edited:

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
FWIW I run the High Imp 550cc ND injectors from an early RX 7. Of course with all the other supporting mods. They run great and haven't had a problem with them.

Because of the high imp I removed the resistor pack for the injectors and spliced the wires that are in the plug that goes to the resistor pack together. I was told that this was technically the best thing to to although I read somewhere on these forums that people succesfully run the ND 550's high imp without removing the resistor pack.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
edmonton;1289149 said:
So to be sure will the Denso Red top High Impedence 550cc Injectors from the S4 FC3S RX-7 work?

Mine weren't red afaik. however:
If they are 550cc, and top feed then they will work. Even your stock plugs from the wiring harness will fit perfectly. Most probably they are pintle style.

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
I run the low imp injectors from the TII Rex's. Bought 6 of them for ~80$ sent them out to Cruizin performance to get them cleaned and flowtested. (~120$) and they've been great a direct drop in.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
considering OEM supra injectors are in the neighborhood of $200-300 a piece from the dealer, i doubt things will be different at mazda. 550 low impedance injectors can be had for $4-500 a set new.

Last edited:

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
^Agreed.
If you want new injectors, why go throught the hassle of dealerships (where they won't be able to tell you exactly want to know, get wrong part numbers, parts and stuff like that) when you can buy new injectors that are proven to be a very good upgrade for our supras?

You're not afraid to re solder some wiring are you? ;)