89 7mge MAF problem?

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Okay well we finally got the car running and such and ran into a weird problem, now if we stick our hand in the MAF and press open the flap door a tad the car idles out pretty well, if not it will shut off. I even put the filter in to see if it needed pressure but it didn't work.

I'm thinking a vacuum leak but I checked and I'm not even hearing a sucking air sound anywhere

Suggestions and help?

Oh I'm doing plugs here in a little bit to see if maybe that was a problem. This car had to be sitting for quite some time. :3d_frown:

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
i would say just check all the hoses and stuff for the vacuum listening is hard to do for the vsv's and stuff like that under the intake mainifold. but you might need a new maf cause that one might be messed up interinally. did you try testing it to make sure it was alright?

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
rj_conerly;1283244 said:
i would say just check all the hoses and stuff for the vacuum listening is hard to do for the vsv's and stuff like that under the intake mainifold. but you might need a new maf cause that one might be messed up interinally. did you try testing it to make sure it was alright?

Good call! Actually we pulled the one off my 22re and noticed that the flap on the supra was fully closed, not a tad open like it should be. We are going to try and fix it and see if it works.. Should be running smooth this afternoon