89.5 supra with aristo 2jz vvti stall issue igf code 14

dooms

shadegarage mechanic
Sep 23, 2010
Virginia
okay so im in the process of a 2jzgte vvti aristo swap into my late model 89 supra. stock twins. car was a 7mge N/A
i start the vehicle and it dies after 2-3 seconds
then throws a code 14-igf signal
blueish smoke smells super rich
no exhaust hooked up yet
trans not installed yet
cooling system unhooked
IC bypassed, rigged up for test fire straight from turbo to intake
im using a tweakdperformance harness
already tried an ignitor
ohmed my coils out, .5-.6, within spec
using a 255l pump, direct wired to battery to make sure its 12v and running, sounds strong
stock fuel banjo and stock fuel lines, no AFPR
before i replaced the plugs i could hold the key in crank position to make it run but it would feel way underpowered when i rev'd, dies soon as i let off key
replaced the plugs just now and i can hold the key and it dies right out after 3 seconds no matter what. still a code 14
it acts underpowered and will not idle for more than a few seconds
dies consistently every time and wont crank back up till i cycle the key off then back on
opened the ecu and all capacitors look okay, no bulge or leaks

going to pull the harness and send it back to tweaked monday. just to make sure. had some bare wires showing that looked melted soon as it came in the mail.
if anyone has had a similar problem please let me know your fix! thanks so much, i just want to drive my dream!!

if anyone has a 2jzgte aristo ecu i could try and make sure thats not my problem in the harrisonburg, va area let me know please!! ill gladly pay your gas money!

Last edited: