88 Turbo Project Resumed

debrucer

Supramania Contributor
My name is David Russell and I live in San Diego California.

I purchased my project car in 2005 and have worked with it off and on until last year when I put it in storage. Signed a new lease today for a 20 x 25 foot garage leased with permission to use for more than "parking or storage".

Will get it moved in and garage arranged this month, April, and will be creating a new build thread here as I go. I'm still a few months away from being actively involved with it; but, commercial grade rent is going to be an incentive.

Looking forward to reading and posting here... I wouldn't consider finishing this without you!

Here is one picture, pretty well states where I'm starting. Lots of pieces... the fun is about to begin again.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
looks like your off to a good start, body work is the hardest part. What you got planned for a motor 7m? or a jdm swap? cant wait to see your build thread.

debrucer

Supramania Contributor
Beals;1928084 said:
What you got planned for a motor 7m? or a jdm swap?

Initially had $1000 worth of machine work done on the block and head while the ARP rod and main bolts were on back-order... found out that I have to return for an align bore at the increased torgue on the mains and big-end of rods. I purchased .40 over cast pistons, then switched to a forged set, either way on standard rods. Now I'm thinking about balancing.

Part of the reason I never sold this for a song was the lack of an inventory list. I remember estimating rear wheel horsepower at 500; although today I am hoping for closer to 600.

Got the new garage keys this morning... going to start moving boxes today, benches and shelves this weekend, and the car one day next week.

I'm excited! It's about time to do this!