88 supra turbo in oc head gasket problemz

bertbiz666

Sep 9, 2010
Anaheim ca
Hello SUPRAMANIA,

I made this account for a friend who has a 88 supra Turbo I'm more of a Honda head but I'd really like to help him out.
He got it as a gift the car is Pearl white blue interior i believe (the seats are completely ruin's)@@ and it turns out to have head gasket problems..
So i was looking around for engines... and i found one for 1200 from a jdm engine place.
I'm wondering now tho if it would be better/easier/cheaper to just fix the head gasket... i also seen a reman head for like 450 on eBay... also does anyone else know a cheaper or better route. Or just a cheaper or even more known engine spot?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Shoot I believe this should be moved I read the rules and didn't realize I could ask technical questions.
So I'm appologizing to the mods before hand.
Feel free to move this thread to the appropriate section

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Rebuild what you have. Get everything checked for cracks and warp age. Then decide from there. What good is buying a head from eGay when you might have to get it machined anyway. JDM engine, my self I would not just drop it in with out at least tearing it down to see how it looks in side. Personally, I would rebuild what’s in the car. That way you know it’s right.