88 Supra NA-T E85 pulls! WOOT!!!!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
:aigo: Thing pulls amazing!

Im running 2 degree's BTDC ignition timing for now until I get everything sorted out and make sure everything is safe on monday. Might be able to throw it up on the dyno for some pulls while I'm at work.

Wastegate on 9PSI, It pulls hard and smooth! Can't wait to crank up that ignition timing!

[video=youtube;4rQthXB8msg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rQthXB8msg[/video]

[video=youtube;HoNoB3aAo8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoNoB3aAo8A[/video]

p1679470_1.jpg

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Looks like you have great spool and it's pulling very smooth! Is the 2 degrees BTDC an E85 thing? Or is that purely a safety measure like you mentioned?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
No, It should be advanced even further.. I just have no way to check the AFR's until Monday at the shop.. So Im running low boost and low timing until then.. With E85 I should be able to advance it quite a ways passed 10 it usually runs

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I know, I love it! My motor runs cooler and stronger than ever! I should be able to run 10 degree's or more base timing and im going to pick up quite a bit of power if I keep no knock.. I was having some detonation on 91 with it at 10 degree's before thats why its retarded so low.. Replacing my OPSU right now then going to crank the timing back up :eek: MORE POWER!!!!

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I dont get it, you put in high octane fuel, and pulled timing. High octane fuel (no matter what type) does not automatically produce more power. Pulling timing looses power.

Please enlighten me on where this new found power is coming from.
Another thing on E-85 dont you have to add like 20% fuel, to keep it stoich? So is the power coming from a lean mixture?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
You have to add about 30% more fuel..

With 91 octane I pulled timing due to detonation with the high compression 9.3:1... I left the timing where I had it when I was running 91 as I don't have access to the shop over the weekend.. Tomorrow I am going to throw it up on the dyno while im at work and log AFR's and put the timing back to 10 degree's where its supposed to run and then add on top of it If there are no signs of knk.

With my injectors at 60PSI fuel pressure they flow 552CC's which is 25-30% more than stock.. Understand now?

I was actually loosing power with 91 with the timing advanced due to detonation so the ECU was pulling timing across the map.. My car got quicker with the base timing retarded..

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Its also no longer rising rate with boost.

How did the dyno go? Get the AFRs in check, or better yet HP #s?
I find your setup intriguing.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Did not dyno however went out and did some pull's.. fuel pressure dropping off at 70Psi rail pressure.. AFR's at 11.9 under WOT untill about 5200 then pressure starts to drop off and starts leaning out at 12.5 at redline.. Not dangerous but I will tune for 12.0 under full boost..

RC 750CC's next and lex AFM will run 14lbs with E85 and should be over 300 wheel hp

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
No I wouldn't recommend doing it.. I was just testing it for the sake of E85 which I have now seen that flowing my stock injectors at 70PSI =550CC makes my AFR dead spot on pretty much I will get larger injectors and should be completely safe

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Funds are on hold for tires! The Stock turbo record will be set far from what it is now so Its hard to beat! Coming soon ;) Did some testing at the track on friday and we are getting close :)