88 engine harness in a 92 help

4cefed

Aug 29, 2010
mt vernon oh
was wondering if theres a write up or if anyone can point me in the right direction for repinning the body harness plug so a 88 harness will work on my 92 thanks ben

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
The problem with the 88 harness is none of the chassis plugs are the same as the 92 iirc. Even the main power plug in the engine bay is different. You would be much better off with a 91-92 harness. Otherwise pull out the ewd and be ready for some work.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I typed a long disclaimer when I posted that link.........I wonder where that went

What I said was I definitely don't recommend doing what you are doing. It's true the body plugs are all different, and if I recall, there are 6 connectors on the motor end you have to replace (cost me $60-70 from DrTweak). I have several problems I attribute to this as well. I have no air bag, no Check engine light, no Tach, and a parasitic power drain. I'm going to pitch mine whenever I can find one and be able to afford it at the same time. Hopefully a proper harness will clear up all of this.

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
Oh yeah and the ECU plugs are different if you have the original to the car.

I knew there were some different connectors on the engine but couldn't recall specifics except for the O2.