**'88 1JZ SWAP Thread**

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Well, I made a build thread again.. the good news is this car is not mine, so maybe it will be complete?

Alright lets start off here with all the information. I parted this '88 Supra Turbo out months ago, but sold the shell without taking much besides the motor, and drive train out. I guess this is good because I am now swapping in a 1JZ-GTE into it for the guy.

I ordered the motor last night (Feb. 2, 2010) From Canada, and it will be here tomorrow ( Feb. 4, 2010 ) yes fast!! I ordered a complete 1jz with R154 and unlike many people I made sure they did a comp test, and also made sure this came out of a Supra..

I will start the pictures of this build very soon. I will also be posting up a wiring schematic for a 1jz into a '88 Supra Turbo for anyone that needs help?

this car will be the finished correctly, the wiring of ABS and TEMS will work as well. Since this is a non progressive power steering car, that plug will not be used on the 1jz harness.

Here are a few pic's of this car. It was from Texas and has no rust, and was repainted..

p1506835_1.jpg

p1506835_2.jpg

p1506835_3.jpg

p1506835_4.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's a great looking shell Eathan.............except for the ACT sticker, that's got to go. I'm not a fan of the tail light covers either, but it's his car.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
suprahero;1506963 said:
That's a great looking shell Eathan.............except for the ACT sticker, that's got to go. I'm not a fan of the tail light covers either, but it's his car.

Ha I forgot about the ACT sticker I didn't even see it there. Also those are not covers lol. They're painted and 4 coats of clear I will try to get him some '89 Plus tails before everything is complete, I want to look at good for him.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Good news! The motor I ordered is the actual motor I orderded! Seems strange I say that doesn't it? Well it shouldn't. The last 1JZ I ordered for myself was not even the correct setup. It was out of a Chaser; which has a totally different harness ecu and setup. The motor so far looks awesome! I got the motor on a stand now to check it over and go through some basics. I also want to start on the harness.

The cool thing is they gave me the fuse box with the harness as well, and also gave me a map sensor which i find very surprising because these are always attached to the car and they forget. That alone saved $100.00.

Here are the pictures of my getting it up in the air and ready for the engine stand. The motor is also a 2nd generation. This means that hopefully the twin turbos are not bad.

p1510185_1.jpg

p1510185_2.jpg

p1510185_3.jpg

p1510185_4.jpg

p1510185_5.jpg

p1510185_6.jpg

p1510185_7.jpg

p1510185_8.jpg

More to come, and I will update everyone on what is new. Clearly the car in the background is not the car it is going into.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
A lot of people would never use this but I went on EBAY. Yup I found a 100$ feedback company on Ebay they helped me out more then ever. After talking to the guy at the company about wanting a jza70 Supra motor he went and looked and emailed me back within 45 minutes to tell me he had the correct motor. They even sent it out the same day with tracking. The company they used DAYRoss.ca that is their site was great to. The Company names on Ebay is Japanpowerinc

EthanMKIII

Nov 5, 2008
Vancouver
Sweet I am actually thinking of going this route for my own 88. My 7m needs rebuilt and I planned on rebuilding it but this makes me re-think that idea.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Great news guys. I am waiting for a few more parts I am basically all done though. I hooked up everything and the motor started without any issues tonight!!! Thought I would update this. I suck at build thread I tart one and end one with 1-2 posts >,<! Anyhow I am not out of the woods yet. I have never finished a 1jz swap yet, this one will indeed be the first!

Last edited: