87t vs. 300zx n/a

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I knew that the 300zx n/a were slower than the twin turbo( of course), but i didn't know the were pigs.

I was messing with a friend in a 300zx going down to the city yesterday and pretty muched pushed him all the way down the west side highway (for those of you that are familiar with Ny) and couldn't gain any kind of distance on me. It was like the little engine that could, but couldn't. I followed him down to the city because I wasn't sure where we were going so I stayed on his ass the whole time.

On the way back we ran and gave it to him pretty hard on the highway. There's a light before the highway where we started from and from a stop I took him about a good four car lengths before I slowed down so he could pass me so i could embarrass him I little more on the highway :D

I wouldn't waste my time anymore on a 300zx or my gas because it was like racing a civic.

J

Jermz

o ok so it was a Z32, wow those a pretty quick a stock Z32 have the same power as a stock Z31 turbo. I meant there nothing compared to TTs but there ok. I have A Z31 NA which Im selling to get a supra turbo or Z32 NA. I guess I have to think twice.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
i would test drive one first before buying one. I'm running stock except for suspension and intake. The person driving the 300zx wasn't the owner, he actualy owns a 87t also and didn't stop saying how slow it was after we raced.

snafu5962

HONDA HATER
Apr 6, 2005
southern pa
Nice kill man....like racing a Civic eh? i might have to mess with 1 if i see it on the road so i can see if i pull on it like i f* up turbo civics :biglaugh:

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
Friend of mine have a 300zx twin turbo fairlady nismo with a bigger turbo and other mods. He bought a 05 gto from the dealer that i work for. He took the gto and he let me drive his 300zx and at the light he told me to hit it cuz he wanted to see what his new gto could do. He got me off the line but when the turbo spool I left him on the dust. The car is damn fast.

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
we have 3 in the family,all TT'S, one being a 95 SMZ. I get beat everytime by all 3 in my 89t @ 10lbs of boost. The N/A Z has a different rear end than the TT does. With both being stock the N/A Z will hang with a TT for a very short time, pretty tourqey off the line. Once Spool up begins though its no contest. NA Z'S are quick though, ive driven one and almost bought one to tell you the truth. Anyway here is a pic of the cars.

Attachments

• DSC00375 (Large).jpg
    DSC00375 (Large).jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 13