87 N/A vs. 89 240SX

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
No way, shape or form is your N/A Supra anywhere close to 400hp. If you are even 200whp with just cams and the other small mods, I'd be surprised! My son's 89 240 SX coupe, tipping the scales @ a mere 2400 lbswith just an exhaust, modded intake and coilovers, can wup the crap outta my 87NA Supra! (quarter mile)

I too, will raise the flag! :bsflag:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
shadowwolfsupra said:
maybe you guys are right, but it still surprises me though that my car can stay up with a cobra

if you kept up with a cobra, it wasnt a real cobra. cobras are pushing 400ish HP, and your N/A has less than 200hp by now... it was probably a V6 mustang with cobra insignia with a crappy driver...

-shaeff

snafu5962

HONDA HATER
Apr 6, 2005
southern pa
i agree with shaeff, my car can somewhat keep near the newer bodystyle (not fox body) 5.0L mustang gt's. however, i cannot come close to the newer-new 4.6L mustang gt's....especially a cobra. however the mustang cobra's slowest year's are the years that i can get close to a newer 5.0L. the V6's are slow as poop and there is a douche bag running around where i live w/ a V6 badged up w/ SVT Cobra shit and the SVT wing to boot. to make a long story's short :blah: ...i raced the domestic ricer and handed him his american POS in a platter :eek:wned: . then the homo thought he could drift....i hadda show him how to do that too :thefinger

S

shadowwolfsupra

nope, it was definitely a cobra, who can mistaken the whine of the supercharger out of that thing?! oh well, im already almost done taking the motor apart, I should find out by tommorow what this motor really has. Right now im just taking the time to do it cause it has been raining like hell over here in miami I expect to have a full report for you all about my motor by friday, and thats if the rain could cease. I understand that all of you can't believe all this stuff about my motor, and trust me, I can't believe it either. But what can I say, eventually it was gonna come to the point that the block would had to be check out sonner or later. Also since im in the works of getting a 1j in the car starting next month or so, I might as well play around with the motor reguardless. I will keep you all informed on this by friday.