87' 2jz gt47-88 MK3

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Car has been finished (fabrication wise) for about a year now, but the car went through the last year with transmission problems. We are on our third built th400 now, with a new custom adapter setup. The RMR setup we were using was junk. We are hoping to have the car back on the dyno come spring time. Right now we are concentrating on getting some fabrication done for the rear suspension components in preparation for the up coming race season.

On a side note, we signed up for Powercruise in MN this year! As long as the car holds together until then, we will be there!

SuperRunner

Jun 14, 2007
utah
Great build. Like your manifold. We are in the process of making the jig...very difficult to fit big turbos in there.

We just switched to the ATF setup from DaveH's setup. Really nice components +SFI

So I see you went with a different turbo? What you running now?

What is your plans for the rear?

Good luck on making it to Powercruise.

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
After watching how hard it is for guys to get these large turbos to spool quickly, we decided to go down to a 75mm Borg Warner and we'll just up the nitrous shot to compensate! We race a heads up series that uses a pro tree. So we can't be sitting on the trans break long to get it to spool.

As far as the rear, we are making all new toe, camber and trailing arm links with heim joints for adjustability. For right now we have 2 rebuilt stock diffs/LSD's that we put solid pinion spacers in, and tightened up the LSD. I'm hoping this will last me the season because we are starting on fabricating a ford 9" IRS that will eventually make its way into the car.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I couldnt see any shortblock specs. What magic is going to hold the 7M together when that amount of air pumps into it? (could have missed it)

This is the first Winnipeg build I have seen I think. Very nice, you got a track up there? Calgary lost ours... lol.