86 mkiii VS 09 lancer

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
so i was driving my supra the first day i bought it on the high way doing about 60ish and my wife was in her lancer witch at the time had a muffler on it witch is now on my supra but anywho my front bumper is on her rear bumbper and i hear her get on it so i downshift into 3rd and so were going i pulled that car lenght that i was behind and now were bumper to bumper doing 110 and had to let off cuz of traffic. she says i couldnt beat her but i think that i could have if we had enough road and im not sure but i think she has a speed limiter just like all the other new cars. well let me know what u guys think

Black88Turbo

Feb 21, 2009
Colorado
Don't know, most of the time street races come down to the driver more than the car. Considering that most women can't drive, I would think that you could have taken her (just making a joke). But is it an stock 86 or an 86 turbo. Weight isn't much different but Hp is roughly 30 more and Torque is higher in the turbo and Torque wins races. Also what type of lancer if it was an Evo most likely not but a base model more than likely only 152 bhp. For that basis her power to weight is less that the 86 GE and far less than the GTE.
But what do I know I am an newbee here. And just purchased my first MkIII. I think I technically owned a MkI but didn't know it until after I sold it.

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
i have the na 86 ge not gte and she has the base model lancer her car is fast for what it is i have a vid of it racing and owning a 240 sx

mkiii 4 life

Apr 25, 2008
South Florida
My best friend has a 08 lancer gts with cold air intake, and muffler. I have a 7mgte with downpipe, catback exhaust,intake, and boost controller. I race him all the time but not since i got the downpipe and boost controller. I always pulled on him and i will destroy him now. Lancers are not fast... evos can be.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I wouldn't go bumper to bumper with my wife at 110 in case she did somthing silly like brake, lets face it a supra will not pull up as hard as the lancer at that speed. Gay race = gay results.

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
i didnt get owned and if we would have kept going i would have won by the way it was a tie for u who can read and ur gte should pull on the gts no matter what it only has like 10 more horse power than the base model lancer witch i raced and mine is just a ge

86SupraWrath

Feb 22, 2009
TX
hey lewis15498 so what there not gte and evo not all supras and lancers come with a turbo buddy so what the problem with that and ya it is from ebay so what we all have to start some where we are not all blessed with the money to get the highend parts that do the same thing as ebay

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
86SupraWrath;1257804 said:
hey lewis15498 so what there not gte and evo not all supras and lancers come with a turbo buddy so what the problem with that and ya it is from ebay so what we all have to start some where we are not all blessed with the money to get the highend parts that do the same thing as ebay

Companies like Trust and HKS spend thousands on R&D to make quality performance parts. Then some dingleberry in china makes a cheap knock off parts and throw them on ebay looking to make a quick buck. People like you buy their junk and put good companies out of busniness. Call up HKS and ask them if you can get some new cams for your 7m. They will tell you no. Ask them why and they will tell you that the flood of cheap knock off parts from china hase stolen their profits. Companies like HKS are now reluctant to develop new parts because they know with the flood of counterfeit parts and uneducated consumers they will never make a profit or even worse end up bankrupt like trust co. jpn, greddy's parent company. Call up TEIN and ask them how they feel about ebay.
You wanna do the tuning community a favor, ditch that tin can you call an exhaust and go buy a real one....till then im gonna bust your balls...cuz you prolly shop at walmart too.

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
86SupraWrath;1256966 said:
her car is fast for what it is i have a vid of it racing and owning a 240 sx

Damn that's fast...:biglaugh:

But really don't be ashamed to lose to a Lancer. My first Supra was NA so I know how ridiculously slow a NA MK3 is.

No offense to NA owners...

Oh and Lancers are slow as hell!

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
lewis15498;1258138 said:
Companies like Trust and HKS spend thousands on R&D to make quality performance parts. Then some dingleberry in china makes a cheap knock off parts and throw them on ebay looking to make a quick buck. People like you buy their junk and put good companies out of busniness. Call up HKS and ask them if you can get some new cams for your 7m. They will tell you no. Ask them why and they will tell you that the flood of cheap knock off parts from china hase stolen their profits. Companies like HKS are now reluctant to develop new parts because they know with the flood of counterfeit parts and uneducated consumers they will never make a profit or even worse end up bankrupt like trust co. jpn, greddy's parent company. Call up TEIN and ask them how they feel about ebay.
You wanna do the tuning community a favor, ditch that tin can you call an exhaust and go buy a real one....till then im gonna bust your balls...cuz you prolly shop at walmart too.

I understand where the guy is coming from with the money and all but you are right ebay stuff (at least the buy it now store crap) is not the same as "highend" stuff. Not to knock ebay tho my buddy gots a G35 and just got some sick as Greddy Coilovers that are 1100ish new i think for 700 shipped with 4k on them. so eaby is not bad you just got to watch what you buy. and to you mr.NA wife has an evo i forgot your name my bad... but pissing off people on here and getting mad yourself will not help. Try looking up for sale stuff for your car on this site... I just got a great deal on a turbo and the guy let me pay him in payments because i dont have tons of cash either but i would slap on a 200 ebay t4 on my baby thats just the rules of owning a supra!

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
lewis15498;1258138 said:

oh and just to sidebar a bit i think trust used to spends in the millions (just being me sorry) haha

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Ebay isn't to blame here. If i had a daily and it's exhaust fell off i'd put a cheap knockoff on it to get me from a to b ..only a dickhead would pay big bucks for a name brand on a piece of crap daily just to support apexi or HKS.:nono:

strippedsup87

Feb 25, 2009
Murrieta ca
wiseco7mgt;1257581 said:
I wouldn't go bumper to bumper with my wife at 110 in case she did somthing silly like brake, lets face it a supra will not pull up as hard as the lancer at that speed. Gay race = gay results.

TRUE THAT!!!! lmao

CordiaDOHC

Jan 14, 2009
St.louis
I could see the 2.4 GTS model getting a 7MGE. Just wont sound as good while doing it lol.

Now the 2.0L yeah the 7MGE should kill it. The 2.4 should be a close race depending on transmission.