86.5 or 87, dumb question.

7mCooMo

needs boost
Oct 13, 2007
Cali
so if the year on my door jam by the serial number is 1986.5. that means my car is an 1986.5?

fog light rewire is year specific..right? hence the dumb question.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
if your door jam says 86 then yes your car is an 86.5

sm_photo_missing.jpg

i believe the rewire is year specific but the 87 works for the 86.5?

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I have an 86.5 and i dont see why the guide said what it did for 86.5. You dont have to mess with the wires going to the lights at all, all you have to do is power the relay with an acessory voltage such as from the cigarette lighter power. Go down in the kick panel and find the foglight relay, its kinda hidden in there, you can feel it click if you switch the lights on and off while touching it. Figure out which two pins of the four are for controlling it and tap int the + side of the cig lighter fuse, run it to one of those posts, then ground the other. Thats it. Just cut the previous wires off it i think. I remember i got mine to work just with the relay and i didnt have to mess with anything up front

7mCooMo

needs boost
Oct 13, 2007
Cali
kk thanks guys very helpfull info. Ive had the car for awhile and this mod is way over do. Ok i am going to try out the rewire tomorrow so my car and look even more sexy. :love:

osama1234

Noob
Jun 30, 2007
vancity
As you probably already know, figure everything out before cutting any wires.
Also in my car, the positive had wires coming from the Low beam and going to their own circuit (it only powered the relay), so those wires you cut off from the relay, you'll want to connect the two cut wires coming out of the same positive terminal of the relay, if yours is wired like mine.
I hope what i said makes sense, the positive has more than one wire coming out of it.