7mgte won't fire, help please.

Chello

Jun 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Just a Background, ran fine about a week ago, pulled it off the road to change the turbo and a couple of other things.
Pulled off the intake manifolds thinking I had a leaking gasket, turns out it was a broken pintle cap on the injector. Fixed all that, put it all back together, now won't fire. Cranks over, a couple of times it has run for a few seconds and then died. Also put some BCP7ES plug in it.

Pulled the codes, code 51 and code 14.

I checked everywhere I could think of for loose wires on the CPS also on the coil packs. Change coil packs and back to original plugs, no go. Weird thing is number 2 and number 5 spark plugs were like brand new, while the rest were fouled up.

I have pulled the battery power and let it sit for a while and then re-tried, nothing.

Have also tried tow starting it, nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am pulling my hair out and have all about 2 hours to get it going before it goes in for a tune

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
I hate to ask, have you checked to see if your getting fuel? if you pulled your intake and something in the fuel setup is slightly wrong (cylinder 2 and 5) then you might have issues with the car running. I personally would go back in and make sure its all tightened and all the hoses are hooked up right. If it wont start and it sounds like you have spark, it sounds like you have a fuel issue.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
ttsupra2503;1872774 said:
I hate to ask, have you checked to see if your getting fuel? if you pulled your intake and something in the fuel setup is slightly wrong (cylinder 2 and 5) then you might have issues with the car running. I personally would go back in and make sure its all tightened and all the hoses are hooked up right. If it wont start and it sounds like you have spark, it sounds like you have a fuel issue.

If it was a fuel issue such as a loose line, you'd know as soon as you cranked.

Chello

Jun 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
The two earth rings on the lower intake are bolted tightly, aswell as the earths to the chassis/body.

I have fuel pressure there, even cracked the return slightly a cranked to see if thre was an air lock.

Pulled number 5 lead and put a spare plug, rested against the turbo and cranked, it has spark there, same amount as number 6.

Tried bridging wires from the ignitor to the ecu, just by passed the loom to see if I broke a wire by accident when I was pulling on the loom. Also did the same from the coil packs to the ignitor, no luck.

I check for loose connections on the CPS aswell, all seem fine.

I have pulled the battery lead a few times to reset codes and keeps doing code 14, which I was more looking toward ignition problem.

Any other possitbilties I can try?

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
does the tach move when you crank it?

Did the cps get properly aligned when you put it back in? (not flipped 180)

If code 14 is still present.... more than likely its your problem. Have you tried a different ignitor?

Chello

Jun 8, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Found the problem, broken wire inside the ignitor assembly, starts now.

Just own't idle and I think turbo has a bad seal, but apart fromthat, all good :D

Attachments

• 20120908_095222.jpg
    20120908_095222.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 22