7mgte walbro 255 Lph

andyr33

May 25, 2010
quebec
7mgte 100% stock.my original fuel pump dead so it cost too expensive to buy an original so i bought the walbro 255 kit from drift motion . after instal i start and the engine dont runn good. maybe the pressure of fuel are to high? another think. I flush all the gass from the tank when i change pump and I use 87% octane fuel maybe is the problem?

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

andyr33;1589792 said:
7mgte 100% stock.my original fuel pump dead so it cost too expensive to buy an original so i bought the walbro 255 kit from drift motion . after instal i start and the engine dont runn good. maybe the pressure of fuel are to high? another think. I flush all the gass from the tank when i change pump and I use 87% octane fuel maybe is the problem?

the engine run between 500/700rpm

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Drill out or bypass the j-tube, they have a bypass kit also. also these cars run way better on 91 octane or higher. So try and drain your gas and put in 91 and go from there.

Also back to the j-tube deal, i actually only thought you needed to drill or delete when upgrading the hole fuel system, injectors, afpr, and afm? Is it necessary just for the bigger pump.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Drill out or bypass the j-tube, they have a bypass kit also. also these cars run way better on 91 octane or higher. So try and drain your gas and put in 91 and go from there.

Also back to the j-tube deal, i actually only thought you needed to drill or delete when upgrading the hole fuel system, injectors, afpr, and afm? Is it necessary just for the bigger pump.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
All you have to do, is remove the two lines from that J-tube, unbolt it from the side of the motor, use a drill to open up the restriction on one end, and put it back on.
Easier than splicing hoses together, unless you're adding an adjustable fuel pressure regulator(which you probably should).