-Walbro
-Lexus AFM
-ebay offbrand AFPR
-FFIM with idle air valve
-90mm throttlebody
-tps adapter
-hx40 t4 turbo

Apexi SAFC2

I was told that the 550's and lexus AFM offset eachother so theres no tuning involved. That i should be able to set Apexi at 0% and run a little rich.
However in order to get my wideband where i want it (most of the time) i am at +20% across the map
The ECU is fighting the Apexi HARD. The wideband is all over the scale. One second rich then lean then rich. I drove home the other night fouling out spark at 8.8 on wideband. While the night before i was struggling to keep it under 17 while cruising....
Any ideas what could be happening?

MichiganLC

Oct 30, 2015
Michigan
What's your idle fuel pressure at, with and without vacuum?

What's your ECU doing at idle? Does it think it's correcting rich, lean? Do you know how to check this?

20% correction is not unusual with 550s/lex mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
Fuel pressure is set to stock levels. Checked that yesterday. I dont remember both numbers, but i know one is 38lbs (with or without vacuum i dont remember). I do not know how to read what my ECU is doing at idle. Usually I idle around 15 on wideband..which is a bit lean even at 20%...but adding more % does not effect it. but latley ive been idling around 17-18-19, if im driving its about 16. Ill shut the car off and when i start it up ill be idling at 8-9 and as soon as i try to drive im dead rich and stumbling/backfiring all over the place.
I say they are fighting eachother because i will be running rich at idle and ill adjust the % down way down and for a few short seconds i can watch my AFR's climb up into 11-12-13 but then something happens and it just like switches back to rich....or vice versa if i happen to be leaning out when i adjust it

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
Yeah, real light gas. On the highway cruising i use like...2% 3% throttle to keep it at 65mph, is that the problem?
I have the SAFC set to 30 low 70 HIGH
At 70% throttle ill just be constantly accelerating tho, not sitting at certain rpm intervals long enough to change fuel percentages?

MichiganLC

Oct 30, 2015
Michigan
You should let TCCS control everything below 70% throttle. Otherwise you're always fighting it.

Diagnostics port has a Vf in it. When your car is warm and idling it will give you a voltage output telling you if your ECU thinks the engine is running rich, lean, perfect or somewhere in between. Use your fuel pressure and lex adj screw to balance this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
So idling and cruising and everything should be controlled by the onboard computers,
So my Safc low throttle map should just be 0's? And my high throttle map should be where i make adjustments?
Is my setting of 30/70 low high good?