7mgte swap info

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
alright... I know for a fact this has been asked like a million times but I have looked and looked through 6 forums and have not yet found what im asking. So I am gona make a new thread. Maybe this will let some others know ? they might have.

I have an 88 n/a supra and I want to turbo it. I plan on doing the swap with some motor I find somewhere. The car is an automatic right now and I want to keep it that way.

so my questions are....

1. What is all I need to do the swap. I want everything motor to bolts.
2. Where is a good place to get all of the listed n 1. (personal or fom a warehouse)
3. Do I need the drivetrain from a turbo model orwith the na work

I know its a stupid ? but I really want to do this with in the month and I cant find any good info.

Thanks in advance. and if someone knows of a thread where this has taken place let me know

Last edited:

Valverde

May 10, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
1. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27725
Im doing Na-T. I havent started to build yet first I need to gather ALL parts I need.

2. I would ask SupraMania for parts or can you search MKIII PARTS FOR SALE

Lienhop Photo;1471006 said:
alright... I know for a fact this has been asked like a million times but I have looked and looked through 6 forums and have not yet found what im asking. So I am gona make a new thread. Maybe this will let some others know ? they might have.

I have an 88 n/a supra and I want to turbo it. I plan on doing the swap with some motor I find somewhere. The car is an automatic right now and I want to keep it that way.

so my questions are....

1. What is all I need to do the swap. I want everything motor to bolts.
2. Where is a good place to get all of the listed n 1. (personal or fom a warehouse)

I know its a stupid ? but I really want to do this with in the month and I cant find any good info.

Thanks in advance. and if someone knows of a thread where this has taken place let me know

Mar 14, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
from my personal experience with buying motors, i wont buy unless someone i know is selling it or someone i know knows someone selling it. not too many ppl are trustworthy these days

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
All the info you need is posted on this forum, in the stickies, within the GE section. ;)

you can also search 4cefed.com for more answers.

In short, you need:

gte motor
gte afm, ignitor, tachometer, boost gauge(or aftermarket), oil cooler, downpipe, intercooler, accordion
gte ecu for YOUR YEAR (grey plug or yellow plug)
gte harness for YOUR YEAR (grey plug or yellow plug)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some small stuff, but those are the biggies.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
If you get a motor from one of these JDM/Ebay places be sure you have the intention of rebuilding it FIRST before you put it in your car. They clean them up to look good on the outside but the inside are usually a ticking time bomb waiting to go off

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
oldsking;1477547 said:
If you get a motor from one of these JDM/Ebay places be sure you have the intention of rebuilding it FIRST before you put it in your car. They clean them up to look good on the outside but the inside are usually a ticking time bomb waiting to go off

Agreed 100%.

You can't just drop one in, as tempting as it may be.

I plan on doing a full rebuild on mine any route I choose to take.