7mgte swap gone wrong?

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
IMG619.jpg

anyone know were this plugs to? Dash? Car ran fine without this last time it started, im guessing it goes in my dash cluster since my fuel gauge isnt working (yes theres gas in the tank), but seems to short to reach

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
IMG636.jpg2013-05-12 16.56.30.jpg

Also dont know were this little plug goes to its right under the fuse box in the engine bay. And theres a picture of my baby im trying to get back on the road :nono:

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Round plug is connected im tlking about the small female with blue wire coming out the harnes, what about the one under the dash

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
Hook up the big hose to the accordion pipe, these AFM controlled cars hate post meter leaks. It appears that you have a vaccum line hanging out by the turbo. It should go to the BVSV(Blue thingy) on the T-Stat housing.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Bmettie;1990584 said:
Hook up the big hose to the accordion pipe, these AFM controlled cars hate post meter leaks. It appears that you have a vaccum line hanging out by the turbo. It should go to the BVSV(Blue thingy) on the T-Stat housing.

when i crank it everything is hooked up this was just when i took out the cps and timed it again but yes the hose is connected to the according and the vacume line stays connected to the bvsv. Good eyes tho i didn't see that in the picture

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
If the car cranks and cranks and you have changed absolutely nothing at all since the last time I did start, I would be it has something to do with the CPS.

1. Does the tach move or "bump" at all when you crank it? If it doesn't move, then no CPS signal.

2. If it isn't moving, have someone wiggle the harness connector for the CPS and see if that makes any difference. You are working with a potentially 25+ year old harness that will be brittle as heck over there on the exhaust side.

I've seen that happen on many MK3's over the years and if the tach isn't bumping or moving a bit, then something having to do with the CPS is usually to blame.