7mgte shuts off after going past 2500 rpms!!!!

djsilence813

Feb 4, 2012
Tampa,fl
So i just replaced my tps,afm and i got 3 iac's "idle air controls" i need to know why when i drive my car and i put it int nuetral after the rpms @ 2500 car dies out please help guys!!!!

Car is a fresh rebuild and it runs perfect when im driving but soon as i GO TO BUILD BOOST THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AN WHEN I LET OFF THE GAS IT DIES OUT ALSO I GOT A AEM WIDEBAND AND ITS READING PROPERLY SO I "DONT" THINK ITS MY AFM

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
I had a similar issue and it was my alternator. Alt was dying and wouldn't produce voltage over a certain RPM. Every light on the dash came on and it had very little power. Replaced the alternator and it ran like a champ ever since.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
ifyouaint1sturlast;1809272 said:
I had a similar issue and it was my alternator. Alt was dying and wouldn't produce voltage over a certain RPM. Every light on the dash came on and it had very little power. Replaced the alternator and it ran like a champ ever since.

same here with my MK2.. took apart old alternators from a 90 celica gt & 95 Camry, made a good one with the MK2's & it runs fine now.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
djsilence813;1809479 said:
thanx and ill pull codes and i have a brand new alternator also.
but you guys done think its iac ?
This is what I believe "IAC works when the engine is cold. once in operating temp it shouldn't affect idle..." Is this correct?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
djsilence813;1809479 said:
but you guys done think its iac ?

No.

D.J.T.;1809565 said:
This is what I believe "IAC works when the engine is cold. once in operating temp it shouldn't affect idle..." Is this correct?

Absolutely not correct. Some engines work that way, just not on a supra.

Last edited:

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
D.J.T.;1809565 said:

Next time the car is at warm idle, pull that hose off and put your finger over the port on the IAC. Let me know what happens. (btw it should make the car die).