7MGTE ROd Knock fix... anybody????

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsb21

Jan 25, 2009
Calgary
hi evryone,

last summer doing some engine braking fun, i got a ROd knock.... i read one of the forum why it happens because of some coolant mix... well that explains; i bout 88 turbo for 4 g's and head rebuilt because the owner blew the head gasket. Did n't kno much about cars back then but now i have intermediate knowledge.. ok comin back to question... I want to replace the bearing to avoid any surprises until i have money to fix the problem properly( michning crank and new caps) So is there is a way i can do this while the engine is in the car... i read haynes manual and it says the crank can be accesible from the bottom of the engine but no instruction or pics. I am a full time student only time have is fridays for it... IF any experts can help me how to access the crank while engines in the car that will highly apprecciable..
thanks

Last edited:

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
You are full time student like me. We both have similar problems with wanting to fix the supra without exactly taking the engine out becuase it's a pain in the butt. If you ask me or anyone else I think you over paid for this car. I've come to terms that if I am going to have to do any major engine work, like what you need to do. I am just going to have to get a beater. You need time and money to do what you want to do. You might as well yank the motor out and replace anything else such as your seals and motor mounts. just my opinion don't mean to send the wrong message. Come on guys give this guy some ideas.

-Steve Z

Status
Not open for further replies.