7mgte Rebuilt(The best forged pistons)

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
El Salvador, Central America
Hello

I want to know what are the best pistons if I want to forged my 7mgte.

I only have the 2MM HKS metal head gasket for my rebuilt.

Tall me what forged pistons are best for my car and what brand of bearings too.

I am planning to buy eagle H beam rods

Thanks.:1zhelp:

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Any brand name forged piston should work fine. They are all made form the same forging process. Ross pistons are heavier than most other brands;something to keep in mind if your concerned about internal rotational mass.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
To answer the other half of your question, most people like the clevite77 bearings for a performance rebuild. Me personally, LOVE CLEVITES! seriously, compare them side by side with a comparable brand and you will soon know what you want keeping your bottom end in check.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Good luck finding Clevites for a supra, they haven't been made for quiet some time now, they are just another brand marketed as clevites now.

The best piston depends on what you plan on doing with the engine. Rev the shit out of it? JE is pretty damn light due to short skirt lengths, but with the side effect of increased cylinder wall wear. You've got a 2.0mm MHG eh? lots of material taken off the block and head? I'm guessing you haven't measured and just figured thicker is better (heh, well, in some cases it is ;)) and got the 2.0mm. If you don't know how much material was taken off of both, then I'd say you're going to be droping your compression quite a bit with that MHG. In that case, I'd go with a wiseco that has a high comp. Check out the thread on here which we are working out a new design forged piston made by Probe. It should be pretty damn close to a stock piston's specs when it's all said and done, except it will be a little lighter, and lots stronger ;).

boosting185

Feb 27, 2007
New York
i think weiscos are good pistons never had any problem with them..as for the eagles..you should of stick to your stock rods..people get them shot peened..i heard there good for a lot of power also

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
About 500 SAFELY. People have made much more then that, but that's a good safety index to stop at. Why push something as important to an engine's life like a stock connecting rod past it's limit? Think of aftermarket con. rods as cheap insurance for a costly engine rebuild due to a broken rod.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
:werd:

This is a one time only Group Buy, after this the piston aren't being made (IIRC). They may consider running another batch later on, but a group buy the size of what this one currently is would have to be in order to get the ball rolling again.

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
El Salvador, Central America
boosting185 said:
i think weiscos are good pistons never had any problem with them..as for the eagles..you should of stick to your stock rods..people get them shot peened..i heard there good for a lot of power also

Can I use the stock rods if I dont want to go over 500hp yet????