7mgte oil in plug wells

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
hi all. ive got oil in my plug wells. I know this topic has been beaten to death but already changed the valve cover gaskets with fipg in the required spots. im tryin to get the four 14mm hex bolts out of the valley cover but they wont budge. any ideas? the gasket that's on the valley cover is gone, turned to plastic lol. gotta get them out so I can fipg the threads and keep the oil out of my plug wells. im reluctant to weld on the motor for fear of arcing a bearing or something. all I can think of is drilling out the top and tapping with a reverse thread and screwing a similar threaded bolt in there. wondering if any of the pros here have a simpler solution.

20150819_144054.jpg

This is what im tryin to get out. Im sure you guys know what im talking about but I posted the pic just to be sure.The bolt next to the number 6 plug wire already has a bolt in the top of it so it was easy to get out and seal but the rest will not move.
Any help would be appreciated

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
14 MM hex I Believe Odd tho i Have all of those hex no bolt like your #6

I usually put a little High temp black around the rim to make sure that no oil seeps.
what plugs have the oil ? just 6? because having that random bolt rather than the hex may be the issue.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
The proper hex socket, along with a breaker bar always worked for me.

BWY_HW-9614M-2.jpg

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
most of them. gradually increases from front to back. 1 has the least and six has the most. the one with the bolt in it looks like someone tapped the original bolt and threaded a bolt to the top of it

Blackmk3

Apr 10, 2006
New Zealand
Get a bigger breaker bar, or a jack handle over your existing one something to give you more leverage. there's nothing fancy its just 14mm its just been put in there really tight.

That one that has the 10mm bolt in it. that bolt will just come out for whatever reason Toyota threaded those rear plugs. underneath the 10mm bolt is a normal 14mm hex head

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
went down to my neighbors place and borrowed his 36" breaker. clearly my 18" wasn't doin it. its pouring rain here now so I gotta wait. ill let ya know what happens.

Any of u know the torque for these plugs? or if it matters?just crank them tight? If I can get them out id like to make sure theyre properly torqued but I cant find a number for them anywhere.

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
nope don't have it. the bolt is there but the hose support is gone. I just got the car a little while ago and im still trying to figure out what all has been messed with. Ive taken a bunch of pics of the motor and have been meaning to start a thread with them to see what people notice is different about it

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
SUCCESS!! the 36" breaker bar did the trick. Just wanna say thanks to everyone who took the time to give their input. U guys are the best.

Is there a torque spec for these four plugs?

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
Don't feel alone I acquired mine and it was Frankenstein.
But slow and steady I learned to get what's needed no half assing the supra is a fickle beast.
But heat the hex bolts gently. Heat lamp and oil never fails, and the breaker bar but those #3 cylinder bolts (cover ones)usually meh unless some one previous used lock tight on them

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
Frankenstein, that's a good way to put it. I got wires hanging, ic piping that doesn't mount, turbo inlet held up with zipties.... brutal. hoping for full teardown of this 7m this winter while its in storage.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Cylinder head cover number 3, and FIPG. Others have just gotten an O-ring sized in metric that fits. But I prefer the valley cover.