7mgte mild build ?

KG KONG

May 5, 2013
hillsdale mi.
New to the supra . My next questions for my mild build is. After i install walpro do i need to put a different fuel press. Regulator ? I bought a set of rc 550s and a lex maf . But was wondering if 15 psi is ok with stock fpr? Any advice will be appretiated. I havent installed injectors or lex maf yet.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
KG KONG;1941475 said:
New to the supra . My next questions for my mild build is. After i install walpro do i need to put a different fuel press. Regulator ? I bought a set of rc 550s and a lex maf . But was wondering if 15 psi is ok with stock fpr? Any advice will be appretiated. I havent installed injectors or lex maf yet.

When you change your fuel pump, check the tank and make sure the tank is clean.

With the bigger fuel pump you can keep the stock fuel pressure regulator but you need to drill out or bypass the j-tube under the intake manifold. I had to get the AFPR because my stock regulator couldn't handle the added flow.

With the rc550cc injector's you will need ev1 injector clips soldered on the harness.

This has been said many times before, think of the engine as an air pump. The more air you can get in and out of the engine, the more power you will make. That means, don't try and push a stock ct26 to 15 psi without at least freeing up the exhaust and changing out to hard piping.

Also on a side note, please get a wideband and wire it in. It's always nice to know that the a/f ratio is happy.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
An afpr will allow you to bump up the FP to accommodate higher boost safely. So that your afr's won't lean out on the big end. You should be able to hit 15psi with just the lex/550 mod. The real question is what are your afr's doing at that boost level. I would buy a wideband first, and monitor what it's doing.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You actually don't need an upgraded fuel pump and AFPR if I remember right for simple 550/Lexus AFM. Fairly certain the stock fuel pump will suffice.
(someone will correct me if this is wrong)

Generally.. a wideband is good just to ensure your not leaning out, but the ECU is going to make you run pig rich regardless from 3000 RPM up.

I have a Denso MKIV fuel pump and I had to turn the fuel pressure down to prevent over feeding the injectors and washing the oil off the cylinders at high RPM.

Just my experience.. I am NOT an expert or a mechanic. I go off of what Reg Reimer advises and the mechanics that tool around on my car.

As for wideband.. I have an AEM UEGO Wideband (very cheap relatively speaking). Will be going Innovative .. and wish I had from the start. The UEGO isn't the best wideband on the market. (also.. note that its a monitor.. not a tuning device)

15 psi is fine, but other factors come into play. I currently hit fuel cut when I go to 14 psi.. so until I can tune that out with the boost controller, its not as much fun to get that little spike/cut/boost happening. Boosting anything over 12 psi is a ton of fun, especially if you just added the 3" exhaust.. lol.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tysan;1941529 said:
More info please. I need as much info about stuff too, since I am a newb also.

honestly a lot of info can be found through searching on google and a lot of reading. that's how I found out everything becuase a lot of the questions have been asked before or if you want to post a thread saying you're new to this and put every question in the thread you have
usually get a reply within an hour or two
the people on here can tell more than you can even think there is to know about the car

Tysan

May 5, 2013
Lexington, NC
Well see that's the problem. I don't really know what to ask yet. This is why Im not trying to go big yet and get stuck in some of the more complicated stuff. Ive learned that much already. This is pretty much trial by fire for me.

KG KONG

May 5, 2013
hillsdale mi.
Thanks for the info. Ive got a t3/t4 hybrid turbo and 3"exhaust no cat dumped at axle damn things sounds bad ass and runs like a rocket. Just want a little more guess ill stay with stock fpr and just do lex maf and injectors I've got a narrow band afm and at wot I'm at pegged out rich.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tysan;1941537 said:
Well see that's the problem. I don't really know what to ask yet. This is why Im not trying to go big yet and get stuck in some of the more complicated stuff. Ive learned that much already. This is pretty much trial by fire for me.
well the easiest way to start on her would be to tell us:
A. what kind of power you want
B. What your budget is

if you give us those two things we can get you down the right path to do it right, meet your goals, and stay on budget
350 is actually a really fair number and you can get it with the most common upgrades on the car. just be patient don't rush things

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
KG KONG;1941539 said:
Thanks for the info. Ive got a t3/t4 hybrid turbo and 3"exhaust no cat dumped at axle damn things sounds bad ass and runs like a rocket. Just want a little more guess ill stay with stock fpr and just do lex maf and injectors I've got a narrow band afm and at wot I'm at pegged out rich.

now..since you have a t3/t4 turbo I would suggest and afpr
the injectors
lexus housing
and a tuning device especially since you said you want more

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
STEP 1: We need to know status of your car. (Photos helps).

Any upgrades yet? Have you leakdown/compression tested your engine? What headgasket? How many miles on it? Suspension condition? Brakes condition?

The very first thing to do would be to really start a build thread for us. Do your questions in appropriate area (like this), and then update your build thread.
When someone asks a question, that is usually what I look at first... do they have a build thread?

That way we have clues as to how best to assist.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
just curious btw....what's a narrow band afm? the afm is the airflow meter which makes it impossible to measure your afr...so how you're running rich from a narrow band afm? idk
now, you may have meant no arrow band o2 sensors which would then make sense lol
and it's a lexus afm not MAF..

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Grandavi;1941545 said:
STEP 1: We need to know status of your car. (Photos helps).

Any upgrades yet? Have you leakdown/compression tested your engine? What headgasket? How many miles on it? Suspension condition? Brakes condition?

The very first thing to do would be to really start a build thread for us. Do your questions in appropriate area (like this), and then update your build thread.
When someone asks a question, that is usually what I look at first... do they have a build thread?

That way we have clues as to how best to assist.

well he posted in his other thread he doesn't have the motor yet..
we could always tell him the basics so he knows what he will need and get a rough estimate on how much he will spend
but yeah I agree when you get the motor tell us the condition of it check things and see if you notice anything that doesn't look right or something and feel free to ask us

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hmm.. I read everything he has ever posted (not that many.. lol) I don't see any mention of "not having the motor".

The basics are easy and a bit misleading. You can outline the BPU build for a MK3, but it leaves out a lot of information... usually reserved for "after" when you find out your not in as good of shape as you thought you were... :)

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
because he didnt say it in the thread I asked him why he wanted to know some stuff and he said he's planning ahead before he gets his motor. he has a shell an is new to the supra world and wants us to help direct him in the right path of getting about 350hp
but me i won't be much help when it comes to having problems when something goes wrong. as I can help with the basics though. or help if you have the same problem as me
Tysan..btw you'll notice who the people on here that have been in the supra world since who knows when and when it comes to needing help there's pretty much a 100 % chance they'll get it right and get you what you need just make sure you don't leave out any info when asking for help.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ah... Kk.

Although its still the best to start properly. List what he has, followed by what goals are, them what budget is and finally is he doing the work himself?

Tons of info to throw at the OP but easiest if done in a logical path.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
he said in either this thread or one of the other ones he posted that his uncle is a mechanic and said he would help him
I told him to go that way and not have someone do it for him so that way he learns the motor and if something goaes wrong hell most likely know what it is since he did it and know how it all went together etc

Tysan

May 5, 2013
Lexington, NC
Thx man. Appreciate the lookout. First thing first, check to see if the motor is in good running order, head resurface and mhg. Hey man, I like that Newbie's guide to Modifying your MK3 turbo thread. That look like something Id definitely want to work with and not break the bank.