7mgte idle valve on haltech issues

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Guys,

I'm running a haltech e6x on my 7mgte. using a new long loom.

The cars been tuned and runs well, i've got the idle set with a screw stop for the time being. my self and the tuner have not been able to get any movement out of the idle valve.

The e6x does not support unipolar stepper motors so it has been converted to bipolar. (using the corner pins, S1,S2,S3,S4)

I've tested with 2 different valves with no luck, testing via the TSRM method I get movement in the valve, I've wound the valve open half way, on first power it should close all the way which it dosn't

Haltech support said the valve is the same as the 1jz/2jz valve (in terms of wiring), is this correct?

Haltech confirmed this is the correct wiring
A = S2
B = S1
C = B2 (not used)
D = B1 (not used)
E = S4
F = S3

And should be wires as such
S2 = IDL4
S1 = IDL1
S4 = IDL3
S3 = IDL2

So far I cant get any movement out of the idle valve.

Some supporting documents
FI_106.gif

FI_107.gif

Attachments

• 2JZGTE IDLE CONTROL&.pdf
    90 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
We reckon my haltech may be faulty, got a mate with a spare e6x who has just pulled it out to sell that is lending it to me this weekend,

I tested the valve on a 1JZ, the motor unit is the same (same wiring and plug) successfully got the motor to open and close.
so the wiring diagram is correct.

This rules out the valve as the issue and the wiring as the issue.. only leaves the haltech its self.

I'll open up my haltech tonight, they told me the specific chip that controls the idle and asked me to inspect it for damage.. failing that ill send it back and have it repaired.

^^^ should be all the correct info to wire it up to a good haltech

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
borrowed another e6x, loaded my tune and it works fine, plugged my ecu back in and no movement in the idle valve, sending it back to haltech to get repaired.. the wiring above is correct...