7mgte Idle and Throttle problem

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
ok guys I just got my 7mgte back in with MHG and arp studs.

New stuff that was added.

-SAFC and Maft

Stuff that was taken out were the ISC and CSI. Also I dont have anymore EGR and all that other fpr's vsv's were taken out.

Dilemma is that the car fires up and ildes kinda rough. When i give it about 5-10percent throttle the car would bog and die. I have the SAFC setup correctly going through the steps that they give you and maft base setting is at 2 for 440cc injectors and idle on the maft is at 6 for 20percent increase in idle. All of this and the car will only idle at 5-600 at the most.

Also the maft is in blow through mode. And for some reason im only pullin about 3-5 HG/inch of vaccum.

Charlie

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
ok ive found one souce of leak. it was the gasket at the throttle body. fixed that and now vacuum is pulling close to 12inch/HG. Im pretty sure the CPS is off timing but it starts up where its at now.

Also the isc was put back in but im still pulling low idle. Only around 5-600 according to the safc.

The problem now is that when it wants to rev it will rev to only 3k rpms and not go anywhere else. Im starting to think the settings on the safc are not correct.

How does everyone have there safc initial start up setup. I have sensor type set to karmann, cylinder to 6 and the arrow pointing down.

Also I checked for codes and I got these.
-Code 22 Coolant temperature Signal
-Code 34 Turbo charger pressure signal
-Code 42 Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal
-Code 51 Air conditioner Switch or Neutral Start Switch
-Code 43 Starter Signal

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
last time I had a code 34, I had a boost hose off...... I think it ran really crappy at idle, and then it would die when I hit the gas.... any boost hoses cracked, loose, or off? only thing I've had that got a code 34....

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
i had a cracked hose on the wastegate. fixed that now but still having same symptoms.

Also what is everyones settings for the maft running it through blow through?

charlie