7mgte Help. Rough Idle, Bogs out, and black smoke from exhaust

Mk3_Eddie89

Apr 20, 2014
Los Angeles
Hows it going Fellas in need of a little help. Yesterday my car was running fine went to might car mods meet and my car was starting to overheat on a hill but i pulled over and let it cool completely before it completely got overheated. Now heres my issue. Today i was about to take my 89 supra 7mgte out for a ride, but when i turned it on. My check engine came on and my idles were really rough about 500 and it stutters between idles. I know i have a EGR leak, but there seems to be something else make the car bog out when i accelerate it a bit ill try to post a video that i recorded of what it sounds like. Bought the car maybe a month ago

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
I'm not trying to be an ass. It's just a whole lot easier to help when you know what is being asked. If I assume that I know what you are asking I put you in danger of losing time, money and motivation. I don't want to do that. Your car will do its best to do that without my help.
That being said, overheating can stem from many different issues. One of which is a lean condition. But the second part of your post, which you state as the issue, points at a rich condition which can also be a result of any one of many issues.
So let's start with the basics. Is your car completely stock? Did you check your coolant and oil when it overheated? Do you know how to check codes?
If you've messed with anything at all, please tell us what. Thanks and good luck.