7mgte help for 350hp

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
so once agian im going felpro with arps. if the work is done correctly then i should have no problem with my 350-400 with a felpro and arps? or do you absolutely need a mhg? to be honest, ive had a turbo and a n/a and ive never blown a HG. guess im lucky, im running about 245 on my turbo rite now and its got almost 150k. from what i know its a factory hg and install. i bouight the car about 3 years ago, it was a dealership baby. but it didnt have any mods on it and as far as i know it hasnt had a head gasket replacement.

topekamk3

Nov 4, 2011
Topeka, KS
harley1985;1791289 said:
can u further explain this for me? im pretty much doing the same mods as supra boy.
Basically with a walbro pump it flows more fuel than the stock pump so in turn the stock fuel pressure regulator is designed for a lower amount of flow. Increase the flow and the stock fuel pressure regulator can no longer control it. That is why you need an afpr. Same thing with drilling the jtube, it's designed for stock flow, increase flow and you need to increase the jtube hole size or just bypass it.

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
ya i got all that, what im confused on is the "j tube" wat is that? is it the the steel line that goes into the fuel rail with the banjo bolt on it? honestly i think ill just bypass everything and run a braided line from my stock fuel line to the afpr. on and one more thing, isnt there two stock regulators? one on each side of the fuel rail?

PealSupraPR

Jan 17, 2012
Florida
ok I'm kind of new to piston powered cars so bare with me please... I'm not exactly sure what turbo the 89 turbo model came with but mine already has the ct26 so when you say upgraded do you mean modifying it? Also how reliable are those OEM HG because I'm really not looking to keep dealing with HG problems over and over? Also I have messed with fuel pressure regulators before but not on a fuel injected motor is there any difference?

Last edited:

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
PealSupraPR;1795403 said:
ok I'm kind of new to piston powered cars so bare with me please... I'm not exactly sure what turbo the 89 turbo model came with but mine already has the ct26 so when you say upgraded do you mean modifying it? Also how reliable are those OEM HG because I'm really not looking to keep dealing with HG problems over and over? Also I have messed with fuel pressure regulators before but not on a fuel injected motor is there any difference?

Carb'd rotary? If you also do a HG job correctly, you won't have BHG problems at 350rwhp or bhp.

kysus

Oct 19, 2011
London, ontairo
very nice information found here im sure ill be following this, as id like to make my 1990 Toyota supra turbo, have at least 400hp. not really looking for more if i was id go to about 600 and tone it down ,

keep the chat going :p

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
PealSupraPR;1795403 said:

yes they come with stock ct26. he means upgrading the stock turbo. anyhow. about the jtube. i did some handy dandy research and i think i will just go ahead and bypass the jtube, they also sell these block off plates for like 15 dollars. dont see any real reason to get it since you wont see it anyways. on the other hand, does anyone know where to get the bosch 12v relay for the 12v fuel pump mod?

topekamk3

Nov 4, 2011
Topeka, KS
harley1985;1795497 said:
yes they come with stock ct26. he means upgrading the stock turbo. anyhow. about the jtube. i did some handy dandy research and i think i will just go ahead and bypass the jtube, they also sell these block off plates for like 15 dollars. dont see any real reason to get it since you wont see it anyways. on the other hand, does anyone know where to get the bosch 12v relay for the 12v fuel pump mod?
Most all major autoparts stores sell the 12v relays