7mgte-engine world record again

mibrum

Mibrum Racing Team
Hi All,

Last week end we had a drag race event in our sunshine island and my 7M did it again.

After new set up we went to the track on Friday night were with 27psi boost we have ran a 7.6sec @ 174mph but we did not have enough boost on the lauch and on the second and third gear the dragster lost a bit the track but I could handle it and kept it on the track doing a nice time of 7.6sec.At this time we were still setting and mapping.

We have found out the the race gate was not closing properly so I have changed it to a new onw and started to set the launch contol.Still we had problems to get the desired boost for launching as only 25psi I was getting.The turbo was doing some weired noises and the race came were we had the cans to try and see maybe the turbo holds.

Did a nice burn out put the launch in 18psi left the clutch 60 ft 1.10sec and a nice ET of 7.3sec @ 185mph only with 30psi of boost no nitrus.This is the fastest 7MGTE engine on a 2200lbs car.After the run the turb died so I could not make more runs with more boost but for sure I can run my car under the 7 sec without nos.

Photos and video will be posted soon.

Finaly I have recieved a small video clip from a spectator.
Hear and feel the 7m 30psi boost 7.3 sec.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClAfzJxv7go&feature=related

Last edited:

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
Do you think I could get a spec sheet for that engine? I am curious to find out what the internals are, how the block was build, as well as the head and all of it's internals.

Whasian

mibrum

Mibrum Racing Team
Whasian,
Very simple-stock crank oem - pauter rods - JE Pistons +.020 - OEM Block - Ray Franks 8" slipper clutch - Jerico 5 speed transmission - Barnes 3 stage dry sump system - 90mm throttle body - Turbonetics Y2K 88mm ball bearing F1 Wheel turbo - New Gen HP Race gater - Turbonetics Gozilla blow off - 1MM oversize valves - head porting - 12.5mm- 12.88mm cams - light wieght lifters - ferrea valve trail with SI Valves - tec3r managment system with altronics data recorder.

I shift the gears at 9450rpm

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Good job man. To bad your not in the states otherwise more of us would be out there with you.

Kudos mate, you make this community proud!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Awesome Gary! A great accomplishment yet again!!!!

Send your videos over so we can update your profile on GTEpowered.com (send to the email address as before)

Duane