7mgte EGR stuff

kemicalx

BHGBTDT
Dec 12, 2005
Geelong, Vic
G'day guys,

My new 7m is basically ready to go back in the car, I'm just at the stage of putting back all the vacuum hoses and bits of piping. As I’m going with a standalone computer and don’t want to use 3 of my 4 aux outs for the ISCV I’ve removed it and the connecting hoses. This has led me to wonder what other vacuum/EGR hoses I could remove or block off. Bits in question are highlighted below,

So what I'd like to know is,

What is the line running from the bypass valve to the plenum for? Does it trigger anything? Can it be removed?

What is the VSV for and how is it triggered? I see it has a line from the FPR, and a line from the bypass valve, but don't understand what it does. Could this be removed as well?

A little explanation on these systems would be greatly appreciated guys,

Cheers all :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
What is the line running from the bypass valve to the plenum for? Does it trigger anything? Can it be removed?
The hard pipe "bypass" along the 3000 pipe is there to supply air around the throttle plate with out enrichment from the throttle position sensor. It is there to lean or richen the mixture to control idle speed. Your red lines overlap the compressor bypass valve, which is not related to the hard pipe system.
In the second picture that is.

What is the VSV for and how is it triggered? I see it has a line from the FPR, and a line from the bypass valve, but don't understand what it does. Could this be removed as well?
In the first picture, that is a vaccum supply for the many vaccum switching valves and other vaccum operated devices. The reason for the extra pressure regulator is to raise fuel pressure on hot starts to prevent vapor lock. And the EGR, and the regular pressure regulator.
The VSV's are all triggered by the ECU.

kemicalx

BHGBTDT
Dec 12, 2005
Geelong, Vic
Nick M said:
Your red lines overlap the compressor bypass valve, which is not related to the hard pipe system.
In the second picture that is.

Sorry don't quite understand where you mean? Could you explain that a bit more?

Nick M said:
The VSV's are all triggered by the ECU.

This is what i thought, as i'm going standalone should i just remove all this stuff and plug any holes?