7mgte Dynoed Today

din904

Oct 25, 2010
Jacksonvile,FL.
I have the same exact setup except for running 6265 dbb turbo. No issue running 18 psi dynoed 490 at 23 psi q16
currently running 16 psi low boost and 21 psi high boost on 93 pump gas but having problems with traction at high boost. That being said Just replaced oem head gasket after over 2yrs of abuse the composite material will not stand up to that kind of power. my plugs or piston show no sign of detonation. The metal rings around the piston slowly deform until your coolant starts overflowing. Good luck with your build

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Nick M;1901831 said:
Reimer's webpage states 365 RWHP for the HKS intercooler and sport turbo upgrade with the Lex meter. Not 475.
Yep. At 13 PSIa. (363 WHP actually.) I've had conversations with Reg about things that he's done on 'the blue car' that I can't find on his web page.

Whoops. Was quoting wrong numbers. That was at 13 PSIa with stock CT26. Seems that the run oh the sport turbo dynoed less power, but he does mention the capabilities on the stock internals.

monsterhorsepower.com said:
These engines are reliably producing up to and beyond 450 hp in many street and race cars on a day to day basis. Running up to and over 20 PSIA boost at sea level with totally stock internals is possible.
(snip)
On run # 7 on the Dynojet 248E the Supra GTE pulled; 339 HP at the wheels and 398 ft/lbs of Touque at 14.5psia with the HKS SPORT TURBO UPGRADE.

Last edited:

Justin727

T-virus infected
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead

But as I told you in person that you took it to a shop with no experience of tuning a 7m on AEM let alone just the AEM at all. I do believe if you took it to a shop that knows what they're doing they would've easily been able to get more out of your stock motor.

I know your stock build from the ground up and you listened to everything I've said mostly besides taking it to this shop to get tuned. They did what they felt comfortable doing because they didn't know much more better. That being said you've got an ok foundation.

You need a fresh block because keep in mind although you replaced every gasket with the engine still in the car without having to yank it. We still do not know the condition of your bottom end. So as far as safe goes i'm actually kind of glad the shop didn't know enough to push it.

Build it like I explained to you then take it to MVP as soon as you get a chance. You know if you need anything I'm just a phone call away now and will gladly show you what you need to know and lend you my TSRM. Also you've got a wealth of knowledge out your way now too IE: Bishop who was and probably still is pushing 19psi+ on a stock block and OEM HG with arp's forever.