7mgte Dynoed Today

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
Hey guys today my 7mgte Dynoed today and the results was short of my goal. It made 325 rwhp and 312 on 12 lbs of boost. My goal was 400 rwhp. The tuner told me he did not want to push it and hurt the engine. Which I respect him for telling me.

My supporting mods are
Sp precision 6262 turbo
Upgraded inter cooler and all piping to 2.5
550cc RC injectors
Fuel lab fuel pressure regulator
Aero motive fuel pump
Arp head studs
Oem Toyota head gasket
3inch full exhaust
Test pipe
Aem v2 standalone from drift motion
Bypassed j tube and fuel dampner
Act street strip clutch kit
Koyo radiator
All silicon hoses.

Do you guys think I can get more power safely with my supporting mods with out blowing up my stock 7mgte internals?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
should be able to get a safe tune @ 16 psi min. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to hit 400 w/ those mods... of course you will want a metal head gasket

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
Thank you I did not do the metal head gasket because I did not deck the block. I was told you had to deck the block in order to use a metal head gasket

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Correct, both block, rear timing cover and cylinder head need to be decked together to ensure the smoothest surface possible.

Not to shabby a run, we have pretty similar mods also ;) Although I have a larger turbo

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
wait are you running the stock fuel pump? it's a shot in the dark but the tuner may have been concerned about that. It's my understanding that the stock fuel pump can support 500hp at least, but it's not advisable....

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
That seems a little low, I made 348whp and 328 in torque on 6 pounds creeping to 10. That's with Albert's 60-1 turbo rebuild mind you.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Never dyno'd my car but I ran it against one of my race cars and it hung with it so it's enough for me to say its fast lol Im running a 67mm on 14lbs

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Can I ask why you bought so many expensive stuff for performance while not having the block decked for just a little bit more money and work?
You have a ticking time bomb on your hands with the stock head gasket.

May I suggest you take everything apart while there is no damage to your engine yet and get the block done properly? Then you won't have to worry a second time when you hit the gas pedal.

Other than that, Good luck with the great setup! 400whp should be no problem at all.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
ClutchRR;1900954 said:
Do you guys think I can get more power safely with my supporting mods with out blowing up my stock 7mgte internals?

Only 1 way to find out :)
Did he say what he was worried about?
With those parts you should be able to see 400hp all day long without the turbo beginning to sweat
Really a stock 7m with intake, boost raised under fuel cut, upgraded intercooler and 3in turbo back exhaust makes ruffly the same hp
If i was you and my goal was only 400rwhp then i would have opted for the 57trim ct/lexus afm/550cc injectors

Im pushing 23psi out of my stock turbo using maft pro. No problems besides a BHG due to failed fan clutch(fixed now and running 23psi again)

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
89jdm7m;1900969 said:
wait are you running the stock fuel pump? it's a shot in the dark but the tuner may have been concerned about that. It's my understanding that the stock fuel pump can support 500hp at least, but it's not advisable....

No I have the high pressure Aeromotive pump from Titan Motorsports.

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
thevork;1901002 said:
Can I ask why you bought so many expensive stuff for performance while not having the block decked for just a little bit more money and work?

May I suggest you take everything apart while there is no damage to your engine yet and get the block done properly? Then you won't have to worry a second time when you hit the gas pedal.

Other than that, Good luck with the great setup! 400whp should be no problem at all.

I have another spare 7mgte Engine that I am going to tear down and do a complete rebuild to hold power

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
jonahs_supra;1901006 said:
Only 1 way to find out :)
Did he say what he was worried about?
With those parts you should be able to see 400hp all day long without the turbo beginning to sweat
Really a stock 7m with intake, boost raised under fuel cut, upgraded intercooler and 3in turbo back exhaust makes ruffly the same hp
If i was you and my goal was only 400rwhp then i would have opted for the 57trim ct/lexus afm/550cc injectors

Im pushing 23psi out of my stock turbo using maft pro. No problems besides a BHG due to failed fan clutch(fixed now and running 23psi again)

He said that they don't have to much experience with 7mgte and the last one the dyno tuned ring lands blew up at 14lbs of boost so he wanted to be safe with mines

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
thevork;1901002 said:

You realize the problem of blowing stock head gaskets has nothing to do with the stock Toyota gasket right?

I run an oem Toyota hg with arp studs for over 2 years now with arp studs at over 400whp, your setup is fine you need to find another tuner who knows what they are doing. That turbo is not going to really come alive until above 15psi

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
even with arps it's still highly recommended to get a MHG... I did run a 7m on 12 psi (sometimes creeping to 15+ o_O not to my liking) for 10,000+ miles making roughly 400bhp w/ a cometic + ARPs no issues. No issues till my buddy over-boosted (creep) it and fried a piston. I will be shooting for 500+ on pump, so I'd much rather have a MHG than not....

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
I do believe a more experienced tuner with the 7mgte will be able to tune it better. Have anybody tried MVP Motorsports tunes via email for the AEM V2 on a 7 mgte. There are no shops in my area that are to familiar with our mkIII's

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Ya that power sucks for that setup, you should easily be over 400rwhp. I made more power with the stock turbo and injectors. From what I've read on supraforums, that 6262 should be making loads of power.