7mgte Don't start....Help fast please..

andyr33

May 25, 2010
quebec
i change spark plug ,test wire, good coil ground.. cps .. etc I have spark so is not fire problem. the engine crank but never start. I don't hear fuel pump puping when i turn key to ON but i hear a bizzard sound like TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC during 2sec in the engine bay passager side near the fuel pump relay. so i think is fuel problem. the EFI fuse are good. i check engine code and he only give code #51 ( a/c systeme) is normal beacause the a/c system was remove... i dont Know how to check to find the problemm... maybe fuel pump ? fuel pump relay ? main relay? please help me

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

also the timing belt are good.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
The fuel pump does not run KOEO, unless you have FP and B+ jumped in the diag block.
After you try to start it (cranking should signal the pump), loosen the cold start injector, banjo bolt. Does fuel spray out?

andyr33

May 25, 2010
quebec
FP and B+ jumped is for the engine code? (cold start injector, banjo bolt. Does fuel spray out? ) i need to remove the bolt situate down the intake ?? after i put key ON.

andyr33

May 25, 2010
quebec
ok I test It, FP and B+ jumped + remove bango bolt ( colt start ) i crank... i crank and no Fuel Spray so next?

andyr33

May 25, 2010
quebec
(inspection panel) where is it.? in the back near spare tire? i see 2 plug on the right side one for fuel gauge and the other is the fuel pump? // (check for power and ground at the pump). so i find ground and power from the plug...?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI

andyr33

May 25, 2010
quebec
i have some think like this to check power // http://d.villafruela.free.fr/cours_quatrieme/electricite_4/elec4_01/img401/voltmetre.jpg /// i dont have equipement to check ground . no i don't check fuel filtrer.. but is not the problem .. i just no hear the fuel pump

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

i will check the power from fuel pump tomorrow. i just put key ON and check with my voltmetre?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
The volt meter you have is good for testing all circuits, including power and ground. Although not user friendly without an expanded basic understanding of electricity.
Once again, the pump will not run with the key on. (unless you have a jumper in, or are cranking the engine, or engine running)

andyr33

May 25, 2010
quebec
i check it today. when i put key on just before start i check the power from the fuel pump connector ( near spare tire ) and nothing.... when i jump FP + B i have power from fuel pump connector ( around 12.2volt) but the fuel pump dont pump and the car won't start . so the fuel pump dead?

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

i have a little video from the engine bay when i put key ON without trying to start it is normal?? the tic tic tic this come from ABS box i think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG62cPgn1yA

andyr33

May 25, 2010
quebec
finally i drop the tanks. i remove the fuel pump. result... the pump is dead i check for new fuel pump ( brand new toyota) is 500$$ + ... hahaah on www.driftmotion.com I find walbro 255 kit '' bolt on ''125 shipped. so my question is if i use walbro 255 with 100% stock engine all will be good? i look to find special stuff to clean the dirty metal tank...

andyr33

May 25, 2010
quebec
Switch Signal
Diagnosis
•No "IDL" signal, "NSW" signal or "A/C" signal to ECU, during diagnosis check.
Trouble Area
•A/C switch circuit
•A/C switch
•A/C amplifier
•Throttle position sensor circuit
•Throttle position sensor
•ECU

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
andyr33;1584868 said:
finally i drop the tanks. i remove the fuel pump. result... the pump is dead i check for new fuel pump ( brand new toyota) is 500$$ + ... hahaah on www.driftmotion.com I find walbro 255 kit '' bolt on ''125 shipped. so my question is if i use walbro 255 with 100% stock engine all will be good? i look to find special stuff to clean the dirty metal tank...

I am not certain about using walbro on all stock, but I do know that you can get a stock pump made by Carter (long time aftermarket pump manufacture) for about $125 or so. I have one that I only used for about 1k miles before I tore down car and ending up with a Denso MarkIV pump... PM me if you are interested in buying it...