7mgte dome fuse keeps blowing after turning off the car

yukioda

Jul 2, 2014
des moines
Greetings. Lol so as the title says the dome fuse keeps blowing after turning off the car or somtimes it would blowout when turning the ignition to on or start. I just dropped in a new motor and im pretty sure the grounds and wires are correct. The car didnt start but it was because of a short, i found the short and fixed it. The car starts but when i turn off the car the fuse blows out. After replacing the fuse i let the car warm up and went for a drive, it drove fine and smooth but then the car started blobbing and then the dash lights shut off. So the fuse blew again and i replaced it. I kept blowing out fuses untill i had to buy a brand new battery and luckly it got me home and the fuse didnt blow out untill i shut off the car. I can link a video of the 1st start and what happened here http://youtu.be/o3yfmGG8oZc I was going to just take out the harness anyway and check for shorts, redo the wires but i just thought id ask for help anyways. I am going to work on it this weekend.

yukioda

Jul 2, 2014
des moines
Alright so it turns out the fuse kept blowing was because of a blown alternater relay, thats fixed but now the GAUGE fuse keeps blowing when i put the car in reverse. So my rpm, temp,windows, heat/ac , etc , and oil pressure gauge wouldnt work but i can still drive the car and start it. I must have a short somehwere else too. If anyone can help with a reverse wire or diagram that would be nice but i will also look it up ,One problem after another.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
yukioda;2070000 said:
Alright so it turns out the fuse kept blowing was because of a blown alternater relay, thats fixed but now the GAUGE fuse keeps blowing when i put the car in reverse. So my rpm, temp,windows, heat/ac , etc , and oil pressure gauge wouldnt work but i can still drive the car and start it. I must have a short somehwere else too. If anyone can help with a reverse wire or diagram that would be nice but i will also look it up ,One problem after another.

I watched the video you posted. What has changed since then? Because your description does not match what happens in the video. I need $1500 to go to Des Moines plus per diem and fuel.

yukioda

Jul 2, 2014
des moines
ok, well when i put the car in reverse the gauge fuse 7.5 fuse on the drivers side gets blown, but now i have fixed it by trying new things for fun, but it fixed it, theres a vid of that called everythings fixed if you wanna check it out.